PDA

View Full Version : Hello

fireftr18
07-29-12, 08:41 PM
I think most of you know me from the UBI forum. I'm jumping ship from UBI and joining the fine crew here.:Kaleun_Salute: The regulars there that are regulars here have encouraged it after UBI's final straw to sabatage what was a fine boat. :Kaleun_Mad:
For those who don't know me: I've had SH4 for several years now, I'm an old Silent Service player. :Kaleun_Periskop:
My screen name says it all, I retired from my fire dept last year. :Kaleun_Sleep:The number behind it is the number of the company I was assigned to when I originally joined the SH community.

And the smiley's here are much better, and apparently, thanks to Kaleun, there are some that are much, much better.:Kaleun_Cheers:

CCIP
07-29-12, 09:33 PM
Welcome! :up:

I do not recognize you from the Ubi forum since I haven't been here in ages, but I hope you have a great time here and keep enjoying SH4! (which is also my favourite of the series)

Sailor Steve
07-29-12, 09:36 PM
It's been years since I was there as well, but WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

And thank you for your service. You had a tough job.

Hylander_1314
07-29-12, 09:59 PM
Welcome!

Glad to have another Skipper around!

Sorry about the troubles over at UBI. Signed up there once, but then could never log in, as my password was never recognized. Tried to get it sorted out over the course of 2 weeks, but was never resolved.

Armistead
07-29-12, 11:20 PM
Fire, you will make a good member here, glad to see you join up. I'm MWolfe at Ubi, so we know each other well.

HW3
07-30-12, 07:33 AM
Welcome aboard!:up:

fireftr18
07-30-12, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. By the way, how long will I have to remain a "bilge rat"

Armistead
07-30-12, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. By the way, how long will I have to remain a "bilge rat"

Make a 100 post without misspelling a word. This forum has a built in spellchecker called Sailor Steve, it's old software, but seems to work very well.

Webster
07-30-12, 11:50 AM
welcome aboard :salute:

i left ubi forums a long long time ago after they started deleting any post that had the slightest negative comments towards ubi or the game.

if you dont mind, im curious how bad things have gotten since i left, what was the latest dust up about to cause you to move?

WernherVonTrapp
07-30-12, 12:35 PM
Hey, FF18, glad to see you made the jump.:up: I'm WernherVonTrapp over at UBI, hmmm, wait a mintue:hmm2:, oh yeah, I'm still WVT over here too. Ahhh, what the heck. I'm still glad to see that you defected.:D

fireftr18
07-30-12, 01:04 PM
welcome aboard :salute:

i left ubi forums a long long time ago after they started deleting any post that had the slightest negative comments towards ubi or the game.

if you dont mind, im curious how bad things have gotten since i left, what was the latest dust up about to cause you to move?

They did a software change that changed not just the look, but how it worked. Everything became more difficult except making a basic reply. The allowable picture size was reduced. The latest is a text verification for every post and reply. You know those things with the goofy letters and you have to copy them. When the forum changed, a lot of people left and participation really dropped. Only a few of the older ones stayed. Now, it seems most people there are upset over the last thing. I'm not necessarily upset about it, but if there's no one there, then there's no point in staying.

Sailor Steve
07-30-12, 01:49 PM
Make a 100 post without misspelling a word. This forum has a built in spellchecker called Sailor Steve, it's old software, but seems to work very well.
Unfortunately it can't be removed or bypassed, and this annoys a great many people.
:rotfl2:

Sailor Steve
07-30-12, 01:51 PM
I left long before you did. That was when they started having threads like "Bestest Acting Tottie" and "Bismarck was the greatest ship ever built". I didn't mind the threads themselves so much, but they were right in the middle of the SH3 boards.

TorpX
07-30-12, 10:28 PM
Greetings and salutations fireftr18, :salute:

I never really hung out much at Ubi's forum, but am glad to get another recruit here. Considering what you said about the text verification, I'm not surprised people are leaving. :nope:

magic452
07-31-12, 05:22 AM
Glad to see you here fireftr. Yep UBI sure mess a good board there.

Magic

HW3
07-31-12, 07:38 AM
I quit going there regularly when they changed the boards, only popping in once in a while just to see if anything worth while had been posted. Needless to say I won't be going back now that the text verification requirement for each post you make has been added.:nope:

fireftr18
07-31-12, 09:01 AM
I just noticed I'm not a "bilge rat" anymore. I'm a "nub" now.

WernherVonTrapp
07-31-12, 09:08 AM
I just noticed I'm not a "bilge rat" anymore. I'm a "nub" now.That's because you're spelling things correctly. See, it took Armistead 100 posts to get a new avatar because he got left-back a few times.:O:

TorpX
08-02-12, 01:23 AM
I just noticed I'm not a "bilge rat" anymore. I'm a "nub" now.

Yep, your on your way climbing the ranks. Just stay away from Langtree's brothel.

fireftr18
08-02-12, 10:09 AM
That's because you're spelling things correctly. See, it took Armistead 100 posts to get a new avatar because he got left-back a few times.:O:

:k_rofl:

fireftr18
08-02-12, 10:13 AM
Yep, your on your way climbing the ranks. Just stay away from Langtree's brothel.

Mmmm, Langtree's brothel. I like the way that sounds. :yeah:

Hey, I noticed I'm up to "Swabbie" now.:Kaleun_Party:

Armistead
08-02-12, 11:41 AM
Mmmm, Langtree's brothel. I like the way that sounds. :yeah:

Hey, I noticed I'm up to "Swabbie" now.:Kaleun_Party:

Don't let the avatars bother you, if fact they're silly, I'm a Navy Seal, what's that have to do with WW2 submarines? I should be a" Fleet Admiral", Steve's post count should get him the ranking of "President", Wern, even with all his posting should be a "rust scraper", Donna at best should be a "Dock Nurse" waving her lil hand at us returning from patrol.

So, don't let it bother you, in fact I promote you to "XO". :salute:

RickC Sniper
08-02-12, 01:59 PM
fireftr18 welcome to Subsim!

Subsim relies on the generosity of her own members to stay afloat, and if you should choose to donate the guy at the top will grant you a custom avatar and title of your choosing.

Up to you, nothing is mandatory.