PDA

View Full Version : Fishing boats and sampans report back to the 'mothership'?

Tempest555
07-22-12, 09:59 PM
Correct right? Starting to get into the missions now and campaign and I will get some a/c showing up if a sampan or fishing boat sees me. Which would be historically correct-since the fishing boats are pickets.

Armistead
07-22-12, 10:11 PM
Technically yes. Some mods may vary with sampan settings, but if they belong to Japan, yep, they can report your position. Some may belong to other nations or just have a enviromental setting, basically should be neutral and shouldn't report you, but be very careful anywhere near Japan and other Jap bases...

Tempest555
07-22-12, 11:24 PM
Yes I was off the coast of Japan at night early morning. Radar picked up a contact so I went to look see-a lowly fishing boat. I let him pass -next day a few Betty's came looking in the morning and afternoon. Thanks-I suspected as much.

Qitbuqa
07-23-12, 12:47 AM
Usually I would let those small boats go, but I guess now I will have to start shelling them. :arrgh!:

Hinrich Schwab
07-23-12, 01:30 AM
There have been other threads on this, but Armistead is correct. They do report you. Smoke 'em.:arrgh!:

USS Drum
07-23-12, 12:58 PM
I waste sampans in 2 ways:
1. I use them as target practice for my AA guns.
2. I ram em'.

Armistead
07-23-12, 02:16 PM
US subs in some areas really had to deal with fishing fleets, sometimes took many hours to work around them. I placed a lot of armed fishing boats into certain areas in RSRD, fun to work around them. What depends if something comes looking is what may be within the contact distance, in some areas a fishing boat can really have some assets nearby to call in, others not so much and you may see nothing.

Most junks, fishing boats aren't armed in RSRD, TMO has some, they can ruin your day, I even got sunk once by one...long time ago.

Tempest555
07-29-12, 11:26 PM
Poking through a FishingBoat Dat in order to make my own ship I noted nodes for, hydraphone, radios and such.

:shifty:

They die.