PDA

View Full Version : What we need to see in SH Online.

Seademon
07-02-12, 12:10 AM
What we need to see with Sh online with a 24/7 server.

1. Regular Ai Convoys with the ability to have either AI or Human controlled Destroyers so users can have a submarine career or a destroyer career or both.
2. Registered Destroyer or Submarine users/officers with a career tree according to experience or hours played with a survive death ratio applied so they just cant pay money to get experience.
3. Submariners start from smaller submarines and depending on their experience gained they can upgrade the sub bit by bit according to tonnage as in the normal game then progress to larger subs. Possible money options for upgrade to support server, (even new submarine projects)
Similar to world of tanks, maybe.
4. Same can be said for Destroyer upgrades as stated above.
5. Submarines can dock at port before logging out for extra experience points or log off at current location to be able to log back in at last location( enemy free area). Submarines will not be able to log out near enemy, if so they will incurr some sort of penalty. (i know that real life does play into this but it will just be a price to pay for realism) This makes the possiblility of a continuous war campaign in real time possible.
5. Acceleration of time is available until a contact is in range. You will not be able to see that contact till visual range, on surface.
6. Submarines can be either 1 or 2 person crewed, as destroyers. Silent Hunter 2 jointly operated with Destroyer Command was ground breaking at the time and its a pity the concept was never continued. It should be continued in a Silent Hunter Online concept.
7. Real time weather wind states enabled according to jepperson as is used in FSX with real time sea states enabled.
8. Ability to resupply at sea.
9. Risk of being detected at sea from radio triangulation from air/sea/land, if close by
10. Crew skill levels depending on training, patrols, potentially upgradable.

BigBANGtheory
07-02-12, 04:30 PM
We need to sea (pun intended) some substance, not promotional fluff, website themes videos and general vagueness.

I'd respect a developer that shows its wares and if critised does something about it.

For me the big question is how good and how far can they play the gameplay card to offset a whole magnitude of things?

THE_MASK
07-03-12, 01:12 AM
I would like too see a multiplayer battlefield 3 type game with opposing submarine and ship sides . Great graphics like battlefiels 3 . You pick a theatre of war and you might choose atlantic . The server evens up the team and you get either a sub or ship . Diffrent theatres would have diffrent combos of sides . Atlantic early would have germany and england with max 4 players . Atlantic middle would have up to 64 players . Atlantic late would have 16 etc . Then you could have Mediteranean theatre etc . American against japanese theatres etc in an expansion maybe .

Sbygneus
07-03-12, 07:23 AM
I 100% agree with point 1. Its crucial for multiplayer game to be fun.:up:

L_DOG
07-13-12, 12:09 PM
What we need to see with Sh online with a 24/7 server.

1. Regular Ai Convoys with the ability to have either AI or Human controlled Destroyers so users can have a submarine career or a destroyer career or both.
2. Registered Destroyer or Submarine users/officers with a career tree according to experience or hours played with a survive death ratio applied so they just cant pay money to get experience.
3. Submariners start from smaller submarines and depending on their experience gained they can upgrade the sub bit by bit according to tonnage as in the normal game then progress to larger subs. Possible money options for upgrade to support server, (even new submarine projects)
Similar to world of tanks, maybe.
4. Same can be said for Destroyer upgrades as stated above.
5. Submarines can dock at port before logging out for extra experience points or log off at current location to be able to log back in at last location( enemy free area). Submarines will not be able to log out near enemy, if so they will incurr some sort of penalty. (i know that real life does play into this but it will just be a price to pay for realism) This makes the possiblility of a continuous war campaign in real time possible.
5. Acceleration of time is available until a contact is in range. You will not be able to see that contact till visual range, on surface.
6. Submarines can be either 1 or 2 person crewed, as destroyers. Silent Hunter 2 jointly operated with Destroyer Command was ground breaking at the time and its a pity the concept was never continued. It should be continued in a Silent Hunter Online concept.
7. Real time weather wind states enabled according to jepperson as is used in FSX with real time sea states enabled.
8. Ability to resupply at sea.
9. Risk of being detected at sea from radio triangulation from air/sea/land, if close by
10. Crew skill levels depending on training, patrols, potentially upgradable.

well we dont need a 10 GIG download just to play the game either !

sofie_59
10-12-12, 10:59 AM
well we dont need a 10 GIG download just to play the game either !

My last game was over 20 gb(swotor)

Herr-Berbunch
10-12-12, 11:02 AM
The ability to wolf-pack with friends.

And it's there are little or no downloads.

Marduk11
10-25-13, 09:18 PM
I would like to see added is a 360* compass as a usable tool in Tactical map. :up:

InvisibleDeath
11-06-13, 04:49 PM
Well I'm well aware it won't happen but I'd like to see them drop Adobe Flash (for which Adobe has dropped support) and move to HTML 5 using the Unreal Engine or some other great graphics environment.

Rammstein0991
11-07-13, 12:41 PM
I'd like it to be SH but online, none of this fleet commander nonsense :-?