PDA

View Full Version : Mods installation question.

Flaskegaard
06-26-12, 06:30 PM
I'm new at installing mods on SH4-Wolves of the Pacific. Is there a step-by-step tutorial for adding mods to the game? I'm especially interested in ship smoke and sound mods. :hmmm:

Hylander_1314
06-26-12, 07:24 PM
Do you plan to just use the stock game, with some mods, or do you plan to use one of the mega mods that have been created?

Honestly, the vanilla (stock) game isn't that good, but if you are just trying to learn the game, it will suffice.

The Mega Mods are:

Trigger Maru Overhauled, usually called TMO in the mods forum.

Real Fleet Boat, called RFB.

Game Fixes Only, called GFO.

And Fall Of The Rising Sun, called FOTRS for short.

There is an add-on that will work with the first three called Run Silent Run Deep (RSRD), which adds a ton of historical stuff to the campaign(s).

There is also Multi SH4 which lets you set up how ever many copies of SH4 you would like, if you wish to add them all, you could play all 4 different mods without re-installing the game.

There is a campaign that has been put together for the U-Boat side of the game too called Operation Monsun (OM) for short.

But all the mods in general add things like ships and smoke enhancements, and a lot of other goodies, and they do make playing the game far more stable, at least for me, than just the stock version.

And to get back to your question about installing mods, look here for the heading in the first post that says "Mods Not Working................"

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155786

Lots of good info there!

I'm goin' down
06-26-12, 09:37 PM
go to Neal Stevens' Sticky in the mods forum re Popular Mods. Click the link to JGSME and download the program. There is a tutorial somewhere in the forum on how to load mods using JGSME. That will allow you to enable or diable mods.

Sailor Steve
06-26-12, 10:17 PM
You can find it right here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3559