PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Teamspeak group

World_Devastator
06-21-12, 05:44 PM
Ok so here is a EDIT................

If any of you guys would like to get something started as far as a hangout and such for the Silent Hunter Series I have a teamspeak 3 server up at IP: silentcave.instantts.com:9016 with no password. I will not be on till about 10:00pm EST but i will be on after that. People feel welcome to come on in and do some mulitplayer or just chat.

Thanks,
World

World_Devastator
06-22-12, 02:12 PM
bump edited!

peabody
06-22-12, 02:12 PM
I don't know if anyone plays online, but there is a sticky in the Multiplayer forum, maybe some still play, you could start there.
As for Teamspeak, version 2 is still available as a download, if that is what you need to get into a group then you can still get it.

Or if you can find a player that want to play online with you, you can set up your own server (if your computer can handle it, I did it with Falcon 4) You just need the server software to do it. I did it with an old version not 2 or 3 but I assume it should work about the same.

World_Devastator
06-22-12, 02:17 PM
I don't know if anyone plays online, but there is a sticky in the Multiplayer forum, maybe some still play, you could start there.
As for Teamspeak, version 2 is still available as a download, if that is what you need to get into a group then you can still get it.

Or if you can find a player that want to play online with you, you can set up your own server (if your computer can handle it, I did it with Falcon 4) You just need the server software to do it. I did it with an old version not 2 or 3 but I assume it should work about the same.

Thanks for reply, i will see how it goes. I have had my own Teamspeak server for
a while but havent had anything set up for Sub Sims. I really like the community here and hope I can get those that want to come together to come on in to my teamspeak and have a good time.

Again thanks for reply!

tomoose
06-22-12, 02:19 PM
I've used TS 2 while my coop flying buddies were using TS 3. It shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure a sub sim is suitable for online play;
a. Subs did not communicate underwater (back in 1940s), and
b. Online play is pretty slow unless it's all surface stuff and even then.....

World_Devastator
06-22-12, 02:24 PM
I've used TS 2 while my coop flying buddies were using TS 3. It shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure a sub sim is suitable for online play;
a. Subs did not communicate underwater (back in 1940s), and
b. Online play is pretty slow unless it's all surface stuff and even then.....

I understand this, i am just trying to get a small Teamspeak community set up for those that hate to sit on the pc alone while playing. I have done this with many games/sims.