PDA

View Full Version : Help looking to find an item

Reinhard Hardegen
06-20-12, 08:14 PM
Is there a SH4 Commander like the SH3 Commander, to set a player to a certain submarine and number, and a way to set missions? Like the way SH3 Commander does?

Sailor Steve
06-20-12, 08:30 PM
No. JScones, the creator of SH3 Commander, was not interested in doing another. Someone years ago started a project, then disappeared.

Reinhard Hardegen
06-20-12, 08:46 PM
Okay, thank you Steve for the fast reply...

doulos05
06-21-12, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I was the one that tried to start that a few years ago. Unfortunately, real life moved me to Korea and sucked up all my free time. I'm just starting to get back to SH4.

My was focused more on crew management than the rest of the stuff from SH3Commander, but it could probably have been extended to do it.

Sailor Steve
06-21-12, 07:03 AM
Sorry for not remembering it was you.

Crew management is cool. My 'thing' has always been the ship names. I can't make the game do anything, programming-wise, but I've been researching names for SH3 for several years now. With SH4 I could actually assign names by country, so it could tell you exactly what ship you sank and where it was from.

Reinhard Hardegen
06-21-12, 10:18 AM
I was trying to make a single player campain, but need a way to assign boats to captains, and set up the missions.

Any ideas would be welcome...:up:

I am starting to write player manuals for the campain.