PDA

View Full Version : Ship Lengths? (TMO & RSRDC)

Dellinger
03-07-12, 11:32 PM
Searched through the 'tips' links, videos, google, TMO readme the search function here and nothing... (well google did say a Hog Island Type A Freighter was 401')

So does anyone have the ship lengths for the TMO 2.5 & RSRDC modded game? Or are the lengths the same as stock? (The recognition manual doesn't have the black/white lenght segments at the bottom in TMO).

And one other thing while I'm here...
Since was trying to find out lenghts, I ran into a very large thread on the OTC mod. Tried reading some of it but not going to read all the pages... so in brief can anyone tell me if this mod is now compatible with TMO and RSRDC? The pages I made it through sounded as if it was not going to jive.

Thanks for the feedback!

DrBeast
03-07-12, 11:48 PM
And one other thing while I'm here...
Since was trying to find out lenghts, I ran into a very large thread on the OTC mod. Tried reading some of it but not going to read all the pages... so in brief can anyone tell me if this mod is now compatible with TMO and RSRDC? The pages I made it through sounded as if it was not going to jive.

Thanks for the feedback!

Nope, not yet, though CaptainScurvy might eventually roll out a compatible version - not an easy task, since he has to go through ALL the Data/Sea units in each mod and make his adjustments, among other things.

CapnScurvy
03-09-12, 11:53 PM
Just happened to be grazing through the forum before turning off the 'ol puter and read your post.

I plan to release both a TMO 2.5 and a RSRDCv502 version of Optical Targeting Correction this weekend. Maybe tomorrow, we'll see how the bundling of the compressed files go and getting them to upload onto GameFront.

I'll be posting on the OTC thread when their up.

Yes, as DrBeast said, going through just the Sea folder with RSRDC is daunting. What makes it worse is there are three or four RSRDC ships that are listed with a different "type" than what TMO uses, which has a couple of different "types" than what the stock game has. Why can't we all just get along?!!

The reason its critical to get this stuff right is a CTD will occur anytime you leaf through the Recognition Manual and come up on the ship that doesn't have the right "type" listed. Nobody wants that. Especially the guy that says, "This mod is compatible with another".

hcs53
03-10-12, 05:04 AM
Great, thanks for all the work.:salute::yeah:

Dellinger
03-10-12, 02:08 PM
CapnScurvy,

Very nice of you, thanks!

However, now that I finally found the ship lengths in the sea folder (:oops: didn't think of that originally...) I just became more confused.

And this question is posed to anyone- Which takes precedence in regards to ship length if one is running TMO and RSRDC? The data from TMO or RSRDC?

Also, if the OTC mod ends up working for a TMO/RSRDC game, then which set of data takes precedence when talking about ship lenghts?

Sorry if my questions are elementary.

DrBeast
03-10-12, 03:02 PM
CapnScurvy,

Very nice of you, thanks!

However, now that I finally found the ship lengths in the sea folder (:oops: didn't think of that originally...) I just became more confused.

And this question is posed to anyone- Which takes precedence in regards to ship length if one is running TMO and RSRDC? The data from TMO or RSRDC?

Also, if the OTC mod ends up working for a TMO/RSRDC game, then which set of data takes precedence when talking about ship lenghts?

Sorry if my questions are elementary.

Rule of thumb is: whenever two (or more) mods modify the same parameters, the mod loaded LAST with JSGME will always take precedence.

Dellinger
03-10-12, 04:06 PM
Ah... (hat tip to Dr. Beast)

CapnScurvy
03-10-12, 04:09 PM

As DrBeast points out, the last file "activated" in JSGME is the one the game uses to supplement the stock game files. A file of the same name, but being activated earlier in the order, will be overwritten by the latter. That's one reason I've never taken the approach of loading up my game with mods that I don't have an idea what they change or overwrite. Just not a good thing to do.

To answer your specific question TMO, RSRDC, and many other mods, don't have the ship lengths used. Yes your right, the stock game lists ShipLength=xxxxx in the .cfg files but its not used. Never has been. The developers never got around to implementing the information from the .cfg file completely. The mast heights ARE used to calculate the stadimeter findings with the determined degree of angle to figure range. The ship lengths were never put to use. As I checked the lengths to the corrected telemeter divisions with OTC I discovered the listed lengths are fairly accurate. They may be off just a couple of meters, but that's really good compared to the stock mast heights that have been found to be 20 or more meters off.

Through OTC, I measured each mast height and ship length and added the corrected measurements to the Recognition Manual (again, this is not done with the stock game, TMO, RSRDC, etc.). So OTC really isn't overwriting previous game files; ship lengths were never part of the game. After all, why provide ship dimensions when the scopes don't have an accurate way of measuring from point A to point B?

CapnScurvy
03-11-12, 10:06 AM
Dellinger, and to anyone interested. I've released my two latest Optical Targeting Correction mods version 1.5. These two are compatible with the TMO 2.5 mod and the RSRDCv502 that goes with TMO.

The links are below.

Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for TMO 2.5 (http://www.gamefront.com/files/21415927/Optical+Targeting+Correction+1.5+for+TMO+2.5.rar)
March, 2012
This edition of OTC 1.5 is compatible with "TriggerMaru Overhaul 2.5"

Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for RSRDCv502 (http://www.gamefront.com/files/21416523/Optical+Targeting+Correction+1.5+for+RSRDCv502.rar )
March, 2012
This edition of OTC 1.5 is compatible with RSRDC v502 and its Patch (the Run Silent, Run Deep Campaign mod that's made for TMO)

Both have the corrected ship lenghts and reference heights in the Recognition Manual.

A rundown of the OTC 1.5 changes can be found HERE (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1853312&postcount=415).

I'm goin' down
03-11-12, 11:08 AM
I have a couple of comments.

First, TMO2.0, RSRDC, and OTC mod have been compatible for awhile, but TMO2.5 was not until the recent release of a complatible version of RSRDC and OTC, supra. As for the recent release, thanks CapnScurvy. Y Note, you can modify the above mod combination with Fred's pre December 7th start date mod.

Second, there was a dispute awhile back about whether the Americans knew Japanese ship lengths, as according RR, the Japanese tried to keep their ships' lengths a secret. If the ships' lengths were unknown to the American submariners, it undermines the realsim of the OTC mod for which input of ships' lengths is a key component. Personally, I do not care, as I like the OTC mod, and will continue to use it regardless.

Third, RR either stated or implied that optical targeting device that CapnScury created was not utilized, despite the fact that CapnScurvy has a picture of one. I think it is mentioned in the Submarine Firing Manual, too. I do not know what the truth is, and do not particularly care, as the OTC mod is one of my favorites. But some may have problems with the "authenticity" issue. I do not (not that what I think matters.)

Fourth, I prefer OTC to the 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit, because I always mix up the steps in the later mod. When that happens, I have to start my plan of attack over, and I either go nuts, screw up the attack, or both. Screwing up an attack with the 3D TDC mod means you have wasted an hour or two, and for me it translates into breaking my laptop out of frustration. For those with more patience, the 3D TDC is a great mod.

Fifth, another option is to use the Easy Aob mod in lieu of the OTC or 3D TDC and Radar Range Unit. It is much more "player" friendly, but is incompatible with both mods. The last time I tried it, the Easy Aob was not compatible with either of them. I have a fondness for the Easy Aob, because it was the first major technical break through of the recent generation of attack mods. Its creator, nicolas, is from south america, and is a computer programmer by trade. ddgrn then modified it for all of the Supermods, and readied it for downloading. He is from Canada. Two subsim superstars from yesteryear. But for pure creative genius, CapnScurvy and Nisgeis (3D TDC and Radar Range Unit) blew the doors off the vault. I will never forget watching Run Silent Run Deep, and jumping out of my chair when the camera scanned over a 3D TDC unit. I jumped up and said, "They copied Nisgeis' mod!" (But the sleazy producer left him out of the film credits!)

One final kudos for OTC. Its radar units, which you can install via a separate mod and use from the inception of the war if the boat is equipped with radar, is excellent. It picks up planes and ships, and makes playing with maps contacts disabled quite enjoyable. You can easily recognize aircraft, as they move accross the radar screen noticeably quickly in comparison to vessels. The tutorials re the various types of radar is an interesting and very informative read.

Dellinger
03-11-12, 05:29 PM
Wow, great info here. Thanks again for the time to respond.

So, to clarify (and please forgive my ignorance)...

Current mods I'm running are the...
TMO2.5
RSRDC

BUT I don't have 'a RSRDC patch' installed... so I need to find this patch before installing OTC so it will be compatible...? And just what is this patches name? I looked in the downloads section and nothing stood out to me.

And to confirm, the patch for OTC I need is the second one on Capn's list- OTC Correction 1.5 for RSRDC?

So, in the end my installed MODS should appear in JSMGE as so:
TMO
RSRDC
RSRDC patch
OTC

?

Thank you!

I'm goin' down
03-11-12, 05:44 PM
Go the RSRDC thread. The patch is in the first post in the thread -- by lurker.

DrBeast
03-11-12, 06:20 PM
Wow, great info here. Thanks again for the time to respond.

So, to clarify (and please forgive my ignorance)...

Current mods I'm running are the...
TMO2.5
RSRDC

BUT I don't have 'a RSRDC patch' installed... so I need to find this patch before installing OTC so it will be compatible...? And just what is this patches name? I looked in the downloads section and nothing stood out to me.

And to confirm, the patch for OTC I need is the second one on Capn's list- OTC Correction 1.5 for RSRDC?

So, in the end my installed MODS should appear in JSMGE as so:
TMO
RSRDC
RSRDC patch
OTC

?

Thank you!

RSRDC Patch: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1459

Required/works for all 5xx versions of the mod.

Your listed installation order is correct :yep: Make sure you use the OTC version for RSRDC v502 (cause that's the TMO-compatible version of RSRDC, and I assume that's the one you're using).

Dellinger
03-11-12, 06:23 PM
eye-eye! :arrgh!:

DrBeast
03-11-12, 06:49 PM

This what you mean? http://youtu.be/JGJWq26avTo

:D

I'm goin' down
03-11-12, 07:01 PM

Uh....! It's "aye, aye, captain!!!" Dellinger, you just made my day (p.s. I did not overlook the pirate. He only has one "eye."!!!):haha::har::rotfl2:

Now down to business. When you start your career, you select your screen ratio and realism settings. If you are set to a ratio of say 8:5, activate the OTC mod for an 8:5 ratio. If you do not set the ratio for the game and the mod correctly, CapnScurvy advises you will have problems.

Also, the real scopes option makes firing accurately at night more difficult, especially if it is pitch black on the surface. So, I would start with the other option that has reticules that illuminate at night.

Finally, Toyyko Revenge puts the enemy, especially the dds, into overdrive with an AI that would make Bill Gates and Steve Jobs proud. If your boat could hide in a clam shell at 1,000 feet under a typhoon, with engines turned off and the crew paralyzed, they will find you with no problem. It was too hard for me, and after a thousand deaths, I said, "Okay, you win. Surrender to me, don't tell anybody, and we will let you build hotels on Waikiki. And that is just what they did!" To this day, if you go to Hawaii, you will find Japanese eating sushi and getting drunk on Saki at the many hotels owned by Japanese that dominate the beach at Waikiki. When I wanted to take my wife shopping at Tiffanys in Honululu, there were so many Japanese in the store, that I finally yelled, "Someone left the lights on in their Toyota." I almost got trampled to death by Asians heading for the parking lot.

Dellinger
03-11-12, 09:01 PM
Exactly!

Anyway, I think I screwed the pooch with the OTC update and the 8.4-4.8 (1360x768) optional update.

I got it to work (somewhat) but after loading the mod (in port, at the office screen) I go to load the next first mission of my career (actual black loading screen) and I hear the windows "ding" in the back ground. So I go to destop and there are quite a few error messages saying that "Missing object 12xxxxxx". So I close them all out, go back to SH4 (it takes a minute for the transition back to the SH4 program) then the mission loads.

I've noticed a few things...
In the TDC, periscope view, the AOB, Speed, Range button don't really apear. If I hover the cursor over their locations, the names of the buttons appear but they are not there. Also the "send" button and the standimeter button barely appears.

The other thing is weird is I can't "move" through to the yeoman's quarters or the captain's bunk. Not that you can move around that much in the stock game but you can at least see the yeoman sitting there and glance into the bunk area.

Also there are some 'blinking' lines in the textures of all screens.

I've tried disabling the mods, reloading them, rebooting the computer in between. Uninstalling the game, reinstalling. Same thing.

The only thing I can think of on why it's not working as intended is I was in port, loaded the following in this order (ALL of them at once, one after the other without trying them out):

TMO
RSRDC
RSRDC patch
OTC
OTC 8.4

Should I try loading only one at a time, rebooting, trying to see if they work? And then report back or what?

Thanks again for the help!

PS- I read in the readme of the OTC mod that ship lenghts would be included in the RM? I didn't see the length?

DrBeast
03-11-12, 10:16 PM
Exactly!

Anyway, I think I screwed the pooch with the OTC update and the 8.4-4.8 (1360x768) optional update.

I got it to work (somewhat) but after loading the mod (in port, at the office screen) I go to load the next first mission of my career (actual black loading screen) and I hear the windows "ding" in the back ground. So I go to destop and there are quite a few error messages saying that "Missing object 12xxxxxx". So I close them all out, go back to SH4 (it takes a minute for the transition back to the SH4 program) then the mission loads.

I've noticed a few things...
In the TDC, periscope view, the AOB, Speed, Range button don't really apear. If I hover the cursor over their locations, the names of the buttons appear but they are not there. Also the "send" button and the standimeter button barely appears.

The other thing is weird is I can't "move" through to the yeoman's quarters or the captain's bunk. Not that you can move around that much in the stock game but you can at least see the yeoman sitting there and glance into the bunk area.

Also there are some 'blinking' lines in the textures of all screens.

I've tried disabling the mods, reloading them, rebooting the computer in between. Uninstalling the game, reinstalling. Same thing.

The only thing I can think of on why it's not working as intended is I was in port, loaded the following in this order (ALL of them at once, one after the other without trying them out):

TMO
RSRDC
RSRDC patch
OTC
OTC 8.4

Should I try loading only one at a time, rebooting, trying to see if they work? And then report back or what?

Thanks again for the help!

PS- I read in the readme of the OTC mod that ship lenghts would be included in the RM? I didn't see the length?

No wonder you can't see things once the game loads, if it throws all those errors. Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you sure you're loading the correct mod versions? That would be TMO 2.5, followed by RSRDCv502 and RSRDCv5xx patch, and finally OTC 1.5 for RSRDCv502 and OTC for 8.5 to 4.8 Aspect Ratio.

ETA: I just remembered you ran RSRDC unpatched until now. Don't take my word for it, but there's a chance you might have to start a new career after you've applied that patch. What rings an alarm is the fact that the errors start when you try to start a new mission, not when the game is initially loading. Try starting a new career and see if the errors persist. If not, there's your culprit.

Dellinger
03-11-12, 11:32 PM
Yeah, weird stuff.

No, I started a brand new career... (I was loading the very first mission out of Pearl on Dec. 9th)

I know it's something I'm doing wrong.

So, can I use JSMGE to remove each one, check to see if errors still exist and trouble shoot this way without erasing the game from the harddrive and starting all over or am I screwed at this point?

Not 100% sure on the workings of the software so far... thus the questions.

DrBeast
03-11-12, 11:45 PM
Yeah, weird stuff.

No, I started a brand new career... (I was loading the very first mission out of Pearl on Dec. 9th)

I know it's something I'm doing wrong.

So, can I use JSMGE to remove each one, check to see if errors still exist and trouble shoot this way without erasing the game from the harddrive and starting all over or am I screwed at this point?

Not 100% sure on the workings of the software so far... thus the questions.

Sounds like a plan. Remove all the mods, start a new career, see what happens. Then add TMO 2.5 and repeat. Keep adding the mods one by one until it throws a hissy fit.

Dellinger
03-11-12, 11:54 PM
So here's the story...

I removed OTC and the 8.4 OTC patch...only things loaded were

TMO
RSRDC
RSRDC patch.

Game checks out fine.

When I have these loaded...
TMO
RSRDC
RSRDC patch
OTC
OTC 8.4 patch

The game doesn't even load, it gets 75% loaded then CTD.

So, I may have a special problem... that is a 1366x768 resolution. When I click on the graphics setting, nothing is highlighted as an option but the 1366.

Is this enough to upset the OTC patch since the resolution doesn't match perfectly?

Also, I've noticed that when I run JSMGE that is pulls files out of the mods folder in places it in among the primary SH4 files...?

I wonder if playing with the properties settings on the destop for the application could help?

I'm goin' down
03-12-12, 12:05 AM
dellinger, read CapnScurvy's first post. If TMO 2.5 is not addressed, skip installing that mod for the time being. Do the following instead:

Install in the following order:
1. Trigger Maru_Overhaul_2;
2. TMO_Update_20-22;
3. RSRDC_TMO_V502;
4. RSRDC_V5XX_Patch1;
5. OpticalTraining Correction for TMO 2.2;
6. OTC for 8.5 to 4.8 Aspect Ratio_TMO (check the graphics screen when the game loads for the aspect ratio for your game, and match the OTC aspect ratio to it from the selection offered by CapnScurvy. If you change the aspect ratio on the graphics screen, you should match it with the corresponding aspect ratio for OTC or you will have problems); and
7. OTC_US Radar from Start for TMO.

Wait until instructions come out for OTC for TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5. I have downloaded it, but not activated the version of OTC for TMO2-5 yet, as I want to be sure I do not screw it up. I have yet to download CapnScurvy's OTC and RSRDC mods that are compatible with version 2-5. He will post instructions in the first post in this thread on how to do it shortly.

Remember, if you start a campaign, you can check the options screen and game settings by opening a bookto the left of the desk in the officers quarters. Those settings will continue throughout the campaign, so if you set it up to your liking, you won't have to change it again.

Dellinger
03-12-12, 12:10 AM
10-4, IGD. :salute:

I'll try that and see what happens.

Thank you!

DrBeast
03-12-12, 12:11 AM
Hmmm...sounds like you'll have to seek advice from CapnScurvy. Post in his mod thread with all the details you provided here.

I'm goin' down
03-12-12, 12:20 AM
I prefer "eye, eye.":D

What will happen, unfortunately, is it will load properly, and I won't have anything to do until you screw up again, which should be very soon the ways things are going. You know you are kicking a-- when thhe opening screen will showcase a submarine along with large lettering that reads, "OPTICAL TARGETING CORRECTION FOR TMO 2.2" along the bottom of the screenshot.

When we cross paths in mid ocean, my crew requests you send over a gallon of ice cream for this rescue.

Yes, Dr.Beast, who has been posting furiously of late (I got you on my periscope, Dr. Beast, especially since you have been engaging CapnScurvy re the OTC), is correct. Rather than starting a new thread re a subject such as OTC, you can post in the main OTC thread. That is what most do, but not all, and CapnScurvy checks it fairly regularly. Sometimes I refer to him as AdmiralScurvy, because he deserves the title.

Dellinger
03-12-12, 12:47 AM
Yeah, it should be a short duraton to my next fubar and do your sailors like neopolitan?

I'm gonna keep beating my head against the wall and chasing my tail trying out a few ideas I have (along with IGD's advice) ... and then tomorrow I'll post in the official OTC thread if I can't some up with something.

Really appreciate the help.

I'm goin' down
03-12-12, 02:23 AM
TMO2.2 is a very advanced mod. You won't miss much if you delay loading 2.5.

Dellinger
03-12-12, 02:24 AM
dellinger, read CapnScurvy's first post. If TMO 2.5 is not addressed, skip installing that mod for the time being. Do the following instead:

Install in the following order:
1. Trigger Maru_Overhaul_2;
2. TMO_Update_20-22;
3. RSRDC_TMO_V502;
4. RSRDC_V5XX_Patch1;
5. OpticalTraining Correction for TMO 2.2;

Yo, I can't seem to find #5 on this list? I clicked on Capn's name which has a section for all his downloadable mods and I don't see OTC for TMO2.2. I see an OTC for RSRDC 1.5? Could this be it?

With all by screw-ups and the sweets it's costing, I'm done taking chances!

Dellinger
03-12-12, 03:59 AM
A good victory for me tonight- (after 4 hrs of messing with crap...)

Found the OTC mod for TMO 2.2 dropped in the ole JSMGE and the correct aspect ratio mod and everything is as it should be.

Loads the game and the mission without any errors!

YES!

Now, it's off to get sunk!:rock:

Thanks IGD (and to everyone else)- good call on the TMO 2.2!

DrBeast
03-12-12, 10:05 AM
Good to hear you got it sorted! Still, the question remains whether it was just a fluke or something in the OTC update clashes with the TMO2.5+RSRDC config :hmmm:

Yes, Dr.Beast, who has been posting furiously of late...

Trying to catch up on 2.5 years' inactivity :D

Dellinger
03-12-12, 10:10 AM
Honestly, I don't know... I tried A LOT of different things (to eliminate variables) when installing TMO 2.5, the latest RSRDC mod and patch, and the OTC 1.5 for TMO 2.5 and it just didn't like it.

However, I'm probably NOT the best candidate to effectively judge OTC 1.5 "plays nice with others" mod(s). As can be seen by this thread :haha:.

I'm gonna try to post my 'findings' in Capn's OTC thread just so he has some kind of feedback and could probably identify immediately what I did wrong in the event someone else has the same problem(s).

CapnScurvy
03-12-12, 02:32 PM
To Dellinger, I just ran across your posts and plan to recheck the 8.5:4.8 Aspect Ratio modlet. Could be something that's in the Menu_1024_768.ini file that's causing a glitch, or the camera.dat file.

I'm wondering if the 1366x768 resolution you say your game's graphic options are using may be the problem? The issue I'm seeing, (without reopening things) is the 8.5:4.8 Aspect Ratio mod was OK with a 1360x768 resolution, not a 1366x768. Would that make the difference? I don't know, because really, I don't have a system that runs a 1366x768 resolution. I've got two computers, with two different monitors and graphic cards, and neither one runs that resolution. They both run a 1360x768.

Just wondering if you could change to another game resolution (like a 1680x1050 or a 1440x900) and try another OTC Aspect Ratio mod with it. Both of these resolutions uses the 8:5 Aspect Ratio. So, you would need to remove the 8.5:4.8 mod from the "Activated" JSGME list, and put in the "OTC for 8:5 Aspect Ratio" mod. Follow the mod activation order you've been using, and give it a try.

I'll be checking on my end as well.

Believe me, when you start having a mod, overwrite a mod, that overwrites a mod, that overwrites a mod, that overwrites the stock game, anything can happen!!

=========

EDIT: About an hour later.

I just loaded the following mods thru JSGME, in this order, and the game ran fine.

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for RSRDCv502
OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8.5 to 4.8_TMO

The 8.5:4.8 mod-let counted the telemeter divisions for a 1000 yard true distance Northampton CA at just a 1/8 to a 1/4 mark over 12 marks for both attack scope and the TBT. That's exactly 1000 yards range distance when you have the Northampton height of 160.8 (161) feet set on the Omnimeter. I don't see anything wrong with the mod yet. I'll check my other computer.

Take a look at the above mods listed in your JSGME app. They should be EXACTLY as named, and in order of activation as the above. If not, you got a problem.

One thing everyone should remember (I've got it in the README with OTC 1.5), remove any other OTC mods (the main mod or any of the optional ones) before extracting the OTC 1.5 and its parts to JSGME. The older OTC mods will not work right with these new 1.5 versions with a date of March 2012 as their release. There are differences that will throw off the activation. That's why I removed the "Optical Targeting Correction for TMO 2.2" out of the OTC links area. There's a difference between the "OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8.5 to 4.8" and the latest "OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8.5 to 4.8_TMO". Choose the TMO you want to use 2.2 or 2-5, and pick the right OTC mod to go with it.

Same with RSRDCv502. Don't expect to use the "Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for TMO 2.5" with it. This OTC mod edition is for only a TMO 2.5 modded game (no other mods added). When adding RSRDCv502, use the "Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for RSRDCv502". Anything else and your making trouble for yourself.

DrBeast
03-12-12, 04:07 PM
Believe me, when you start having a mod, overwrite a mod, that overwrites a mod, that overwrites a mod, that overwrites the stock game, anything can happen!!

You mean when your activated mods list looks something like this?

3000 Meter Bearing Tool (1920x)
Ultimate Sound Mod
ROW Sub Reflections and Roll Pitch Mod vs_5
ROW Sound Effects vs_8
SS Hull Numbers
SS180 USS Pollack Fooskin Porpoise BLACK HI-RES
SS196 USS Searaven SARGO FooBor's MINOR WTH HI-RES V1.0
S35 USS-140 S-18 Class Fooskin_GREY HI-RES V1.0
SI HUD Kit
SI INTERIOR Kit
SI OPTICS Kit
SI Periscope & TBT Interface Kit
SI Sonar Metric Scale Kit
REAL MEDALS CLASSIC CREW MERGED 1,02
Hamilton Chrono Ivory
SWEATY LOWER OFFICER RANKS INSIGNIA 1.2
Sweaty Crew Add-On
Add_Radio_St10-07-07
RSRDC_P3_v300
RSRDC_V300_Patch3
DrBeast Mithril Subs
SCAF4RSRDC_v300
DrBeast Retractable SD Antenna + SCAF + TMaru
DrBeast Smaller Chrono + Nav Tools + Map + SCAF
SS199 USS Tautog FooBor's TAMBOR Combo WTH HI-RES V1.0
RSM1.2
SS228 USS Drum_DrBeast_ Gato FooBor's hi-res -Weathered
National Flags
Flag Patch
ROW Sound Effect v_9 (Addon for v8)
ASW_RSRD_v300_ 5.0
DrBeast DC & Bombs Shake For RSRDC + ASW
DrBeast TMaru + SCAF + MaxOptics Stuff
NSM4 classic
#1 PE4 Install main
#2b PE4 Special effects Zones for NSM4 Classic
#4 PE4 Ship_debris_SH4_with bodies
#5_PE4_real_reflections_for_harbour_and_objects
PE4_high quality bow and stern wakes (stock SH4 lower FPS)
DrBeast PE4 Effects + NSM4 + Mithril Subs Zones.cfg
DrBeast Weaponry
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - 1.5
Webster's Missing Voices
Webster's Real Lifeboats Fix for v1.4
Optical Targeting Correction for 1.4 - DrBeast Version
#2 Real Environment Submarine roll pitch mod plus OTC submarine.dat files
DrBeast Sensor Mod 1.4
SS285 USS Balao_Historical BALAO HI-RES Weathered

Yep, odds are you'll end up with something like this:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc262/blacksavvas/SH4/SH4Img2008-04-06_010418_812.jpg

:rotfl2:

CapnScurvy
03-12-12, 04:22 PM
YEP, that "DrBeast Weaponry" looks suspect to me!!

Dellinger
03-12-12, 04:28 PM
To Dellinger, I just ran across your posts and plan to recheck the 8.5:4.8 Aspect Ratio modlet. Could be something that's in the Menu_1024_768.ini file that's causing a glitch, or the camera.dat file.

I'm wondering if the 1366x768 resolution you say your game's graphic options are using may be the problem? The issue I'm seeing, (without reopening things) is the 8.5:4.8 Aspect Ratio mod was OK with a 1360x768 resolution, not a 1366x768. Would that make the difference? I don't know, because really, I don't have a system that runs a 1366x768 resolution. I've got two computers, with two different monitors and graphic cards, and neither one runs that resolution. They both run a 1360x768.

Just wondering if you could change to another game resolution (like a 1680x1050 or a 1440x900) and try another OTC Aspect Ratio mod with it. Both of these resolutions uses the 8:5 Aspect Ratio. So, you would need to remove the 8.5:4.8 mod from the "Activated" JSGME list, and put in the "OTC for 8:5 Aspect Ratio" mod. Follow the mod activation order you've been using, and give it a try.

I'll be checking on my end as well.

=========

EDIT: About an hour later.

I just loaded the following mods thru JSGME, in this order, and the game ran fine.

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for RSRDCv502
OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8.5 to 4.8_TMO

The 8.5:4.8 mod-let counted the telemeter divisions for a 1000 yard true distance Northampton CA at just a 1/8 to a 1/4 mark over 12 marks for both attack scope and the TBT. That's exactly 1000 yards range distance when you have the Northampton height of 160.8 (161) feet set on the Omnimeter. I don't see anything wrong with the mod yet. I'll check my other computer.

Take a look at the above mods listed in your JSGME app. They should be EXACTLY as named, and in order of activation as the above. If not, you got a problem.

One thing everyone should remember (I've got it in the README with OTC 1.5), remove any other OTC mods (the main mod or any of the optional ones) before extracting the OTC 1.5 and its parts to JSGME. The older OTC mods will not work right with these new 1.5 versions with a date of March 2012 as their release. There are differences that will throw off the activation. That's why I removed the "Optical Targeting Correction for TMO 2.2" out of the OTC links area. There's a difference between the "OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8.5 to 4.8" and the latest "OTC_Realistic Scopes for 8.5 to 4.8_TMO". Choose the TMO you want to use 2.2 or 2-5, and pick the right OTC mod to go with it.

Same with RSRDCv502. Don't expect to use the "Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for TMO 2.5" with it. This OTC mod edition is for only a TMO 2.5 modded game (no other mods added). When adding RSRDCv502, use the "Optical Targeting Correction 1.5 for RSRDCv502". Anything else and your making trouble for yourself.

Thanks for the feedback Captn'. I'll jump over to your OTC thread to elaborate some more on exactly what errors I was getting and the odd happenings.

I'm goin' down
03-12-12, 05:31 PM
Dr. Beast, I do not want to preempt this enlightening thread, but I use the EAXsoundsim w/Webster's maneuver instead of Row Sounds. Row Sounds I rejected, as I did not think it was as good. (just a tip.)

Dellinger, check the subsim downloads section for the RSRDC mod you are or were seeking. It could be there. The link is at the end of the Popular Mods sticky in the Mods forum.

In another post there is interest in recreating the attack on Pearl, as I located Yamamoto's TF, 220 miles NE of Pearl Harbor on 12/7/41 using Fred's Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start. He wants to change the Japaness ships from neutrals to enemies, and armistead might be able to add aircraft. Someone would have to fix battleship row. It could happen. I sunk a BB and Light Cruiser about an hour before the first wave of planes hit Pearl, but I missed the two carriers I was aiming at.

DrBeast
03-12-12, 07:57 PM
Dr. Beast, I do not want to preempt this enlightening thread, but I use the EAXsoundsim w/Webster's maneuver instead of Row Sounds. Row Sounds I rejected, as I did not think it was as good. (just a tip.)

Must...resist...must...stop...adding...mods...!