PDA

View Full Version : Crazy fighter behaviour in TMO 2.5/RSRD

MattM1121
03-05-12, 01:45 PM
Greetings Folks,

So this has happened the last three times that I've encountered the twin engine fighter out at sea. Not the float plane.

I get a warning that an aircraft has been spotted. I do an emergency dive. I then go to the external view so I can see how close the bombs fall, or how close the strafing is.

So what happens is the aircraft comes in for a strafe, then does a boat load of barrel rolls, crashes, and then explodes.

This has happened three times with the same type of aircraft.

Anyone else see this happen? If it's been addressed I apologize for not doing the forum search.

Thanks,

-Matt

Captain Vlad
03-05-12, 07:28 PM
From the IJN anti-sub pilot's manual...

Copious amounts of sake should not be imbibed during long-range ASW patrols.

Seriously though, haven't heard of this one.;)

Torplexed
03-05-12, 08:34 PM
Aircraft behavior in SH4 isn't well-modeled. There have been noted occasions of aircraft flying into mountains on nearby landmasses as well as into the sea.

CapnScurvy
03-06-12, 08:43 AM
I'm not home to check for sure, but I know there is a carrier (perhaps more than one) that has the Betty two engine bomber in its plane inventory. This is with using the stock game.

Did TMO carry it over? Maybe, but I know loading RSRDC after TMO means whatever Lurker put into his game overwrites the TMO carrier config files. Did he pass the carrier plane inventory along from the stock files into RSRDC? Maybe, again I'm not availabe to check his files.

I know I removed the Betty from the carrier plane files with OTC, just don't remember the exact mod(s) that I did it to. :zzz: