PDA

View Full Version : USS Salmon

Reinhard Hardegen
02-26-12, 07:13 PM
Any one know what the cruising speed of the Salmon class?

Stealhead
02-26-12, 07:39 PM
First off what are you running?Stock,TMO,RFB? The basic answer is for stock and RFB you want ahead standard for TMO you want Ahead Standard for travel to and from your patrol area and Ahead 2/3rds while on patrol.

Reinhard Hardegen
02-26-12, 07:55 PM
I am running standard game. Thank you for your reply. I will run standard to and from, and 2/3 speed on patrol.

Stealhead
02-26-12, 10:58 PM
Yes stock does not have "the max range at given speed" info any more but you should be fine running at 2/3 speed most of the time and go faster when needed.It has been so long since I played stock I don't remember what speed it winds up running at if it is 9-10 knots at Ahead full you should be fine and that applies to any sub of any nation.Most of the mods adjust the telegraph speeds differently.In Operation Monsun Ahead Standard is the most efficient patrolling speed in TMO it is the best speed for traveling to and from the patrol area this is the designers way to simulate the use of ballast tanks as fuel storage on the way out using them first over the dedicated fuel bunkers then converting them (by flushing them full of sea water a few times) back to ballast tanks.

I would recommend you take a look at some of the "super mods" I know for sure that Operation Monsun,Trigger Maru,Real Fleet Boat,and Fall of the Rising Sun all brought the max range data feature back.You should check them out at some point each one a has different design goal and adds much more than just the navigation aid.