PDA

View Full Version : Returning to SH4 (Trigger Maru Question)

JerM
02-05-12, 01:27 AM
Hey!

Its been like 2 years since I've been up here at the forum or loaded SH4 on my comp. College gets kinda crazy sometimes. But I read up and the latest mod seems to be the Trigger Maru expansion mod. I've downloaded it but my comp but windows says that it cannot open the file and that I have to select a program to open it. I know the answer may be something obvious but am I missing something since my two year absence?

Jeremy

magic452
02-05-12, 01:30 AM
What are you trying to open it with?

Magic

JerM
02-05-12, 01:37 AM
What are you trying to open it with?

Magic

It downloads to my desktop but when I try to open it it says that I have to select a program to open it.

Oh I have SH4 1.5 if that helps

TorpX
02-05-12, 01:56 AM
Hey!

Its been like 2 years since I've been up here at the forum or loaded SH4 on my comp. College gets kinda crazy sometimes. But I read up and the latest mod seems to be the Trigger Maru expansion mod. I've downloaded it but my comp but windows says that it cannot open the file and that I have to select a program to open it. I know the answer may be something obvious but am I missing something since my two year absence?

Jeremy
Try using Winzip or 7zip to "unzip" the file. Most of the downloads use a file compression utility program.

Edit:

Then it must be installed with JSGME a Mod installing program. Someone will be able to give you all the gritty details if you need any help.

JerM
02-06-12, 09:51 PM
Ok i got JSGM and I successfully opened the file using 7-zip. I don't know what to do now.

Thanks

Jeremy

JerM
02-06-12, 10:40 PM
Never mind guys I figured it out!!

I have a question though. Is this the mod that makes the water more transparent so that you can kinda see your sub at periscope depth?

Armistead
02-06-12, 11:16 PM
Never mind guys I figured it out!!

I have a question though. Is this the mod that makes the water more transparent so that you can kinda see your sub at periscope depth?

More or less, he keeps tweaking and changing water color, transparency and often the value for being spotted underwater, not sure what he's done to 2.5, haven't played it.

I've tweaked all my env files, but as I recall 2.2 planes don't spot you like in 1.9, water underneath more solid, etc.

JerM
02-07-12, 01:10 AM
I mean the water effects look different than on my install

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/myspb2006/stuff/tm02.jpg