PDA

View Full Version : Rescue survivors

Sandman_28054
01-25-12, 05:34 AM
I was wondering, I was just at the Battle of Leyte Gulf.

Trying to escape is no problem, what with all the aircraft attacking the Jap fleet.

I was 5864 yards from the main fleet and at periscope depth. I looked west and saw the red flare marking where airmen were in the water.

What the hell, I surface and try to rescue them.

I noticed that in TMO 2.0, the rescue survivor icon is blacked out.

Too late. A DD has turned and is attacking me.

3 shots to the side and I'm at 91% damage.

Wht are the rescue survivor and slect target for deck gun unusable in TMO?

WernherVonTrapp
01-25-12, 09:11 AM
The Lifesaver/Rescue Icon will only light up and be usable while you're using the Binoculars. You also have to get very close and be doing (I think) 3 knots or less.

Sandman_28054
01-29-12, 11:49 AM
The Lifesaver/Rescue Icon will only light up and be usable while you're using the Binoculars. You also have to get very close and be doing (I think) 3 knots or less.

Ok then, how do you bring up the binoculars?

Torplexed
01-29-12, 12:12 PM
While on the bridge click on the Binocular icon and then click on the far left binocular view icon. Once there you have to go to binocular view. You do this by zooming in using the mouse wheel or hitting the tab key. Now you are in the binocular view. You look at the survivor and when you are close enough there is a Life Preserver icon at the bottom that will light up. Once it lights up, click on it (sometimes you have to click on it a few times). Once the Life Preserver icon darkens, you have picked up the survivor. Sometimes there is more then one survivor in a deployed smoke area and you have to move the binocular around until the Life Preserver icon lights up again. You will see the smoke vanish once all the survivors are picked up.

Stealhead
01-29-12, 04:44 PM
You never used the binocs before? What kind of sub commander are you?:D

Sandman_28054
01-29-12, 08:19 PM
You never used the binocs before? What kind of sub commander are you?:D

In TMO 2.0, the rescue survivor, and select target for deck gun are blacked out.

And in TMO 2.0, I have never seen the binocular icon.

Sandman_28054
02-04-12, 04:33 PM
While on the bridge click on the Binocular icon and then click on the far left binocular view icon. Once there you have to go to binocular view. You do this by zooming in using the mouse wheel or hitting the tab key. Now you are in the binocular view. You look at the survivor and when you are close enough there is a Life Preserver icon at the bottom that will light up. Once it lights up, click on it (sometimes you have to click on it a few times). Once the Life Preserver icon darkens, you have picked up the survivor. Sometimes there is more then one survivor in a deployed smoke area and you have to move the binocular around until the Life Preserver icon lights up again. You will see the smoke vanish once all the survivors are picked up.

Well, here I am on the bridge.

Where is the binocular view icon?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/sh4img20120204150130354.png/

donna52522
02-04-12, 09:22 PM
You move your mouse wheel forward to bring up the binoculars, and there is a keyboard command...I think it is the 'tab' key but not certain as I always use the mouse wheel.

WernherVonTrapp
02-05-12, 04:00 PM
Yup, once you're on the bridge, just scroll your mouse-wheel and you'll be seeing life through enhanced stereo-vision.:03: