PDA

View Full Version : Default order when ship/plane is spotted

IonicRipper
12-19-11, 10:36 PM
I accidentally checked dive to periscope depth as my default action when a ship or a plane is spotted but i dont like this at all, i like to have complete control over my boat. Is there any way to bring it back the way it was before? Or at least choose another default order?

mobucks
12-19-11, 11:30 PM
good question. Never had done this before but I imagine it will reset if you save/load game. Failing that, it should reset on the next patrol.

magic452
12-20-11, 12:39 AM
^ That. A save and reload should bring things back to normal. :up:
Don't even know way they put that stupid thing in the game. :06:

Magic

IonicRipper
12-20-11, 09:40 AM
Thats what i thought, just wanted to confirm, thanks.

Also, i dont feel like starting a new thread for this: How do you manually set the distance in the TDC (Without the standimeter)?

mobucks
12-20-11, 11:24 AM
when you click the disc to set range, instead of clicking the stadimeter button, click inside that disc with all the numbers. There is a red triangle on the outside top right corner of the disc. If you click and drag the actual inside of the disc, you can move it around like it moves on its own when using the stadimeter. Similar to setting torpedo depth. Just slide it till whatever range you want matches the little red triangle and hit send.

IonicRipper
12-20-11, 03:55 PM
I tried that but when i try to turn the inside disc its the exterior ring that moves (the one with the red triangle)

magic452
12-21-11, 02:53 AM
I tried that but when i try to turn the inside disc its the exterior ring that moves (the one with the red triangle)

Can't do that with stock game but there are mods that will permit you to set the range directly into the TDC. TMO 2.0 is one and I think OTC another.
The 3D TDC mod I believe also will do it and Easy AoB as well.
Check out the mods thread.

Magic

IonicRipper
12-21-11, 10:18 AM
Thanks magic, much appreciated :)