PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 64-bit and TMO 2.2 problem

Vaux
12-13-11, 10:28 AM
OK, I promise I searched for answers, and I'm sure there's one on this board somewhere, but so far I've come up dry.

I've been playing SH4/TMO 2.0 on my old Win XP warhorse for several months, but the old thing finally died. Got myself a shiny-new Windows 7 64-bit system with 8GB of RAM. I loaded SH4 with the U-Boat mission pack and everything runs great. I downloaded TMO 2.0 and the 2.0 to 2.2 upgrade, ran JSGME to activate them, but it won't run. When I launch SH4, I get the stock splash screen (side shot of a sub on the surface with the sun in the background), not the Galloping Ghost splash screen I'm expecting.

JSGME says the TMO 2 and the 2.0 to 2.2 update are active, but it's not working. What did I do wrong?

Hylander_1314
12-13-11, 10:33 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you create a Mods folder in your SH4 directory and load TMO and the 2.2 update there for JSGME? Also, I think it too has to be in the SH4 directory.

That was the mistake I made when I had to build a new rig. I ran it on my old rig until it blew up too, but in loading everything up on the new one, I forgot a couple steps in the process.

Vaux
12-13-11, 10:37 AM
Just out of curiosity, did you create a Mods folder in your SH4 directory and load TMO and the 2.2 update there for JSGME? Also, I think it too has to be in the SH4 directory.

That was the mistake I made when I had to build a new rig. I ran it on my old rig until it blew up too, but in loading everything up on the new one, I forgot a couple steps in the process.

That may be my problem. My Mods folder isn't in my SH4 folder. Dang it! I just started uninstalling SH4 to try reinstalling to a different folder. I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanks for the quick response!

malcombex
12-13-11, 10:39 AM
downloads

Hylander_1314
12-13-11, 10:43 AM
No problem Vaux! It's the little things that catch us up every time. :up:

Vaux
12-13-11, 11:04 AM
No problem Vaux! It's the little things that catch us up every time. :up:

Kudos to you, my friend! Putting the Mods folder and JSGME in the SH4 folder did it! You da man!

Hell, at my age I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast a couple of days ago, let alone remembering what arcane, voodoo rituals I had to invoke when I installed a game almost 2 years ago. :D: O

Side note: On my old XP system it took 8-9 minutes between double-clicking on the SH4 icon to getting to the point where I could actually play the game (I'm not exageratting). On my new Win7 system, the game loaded up in about 6 seconds! :o

Now I have to retrain myself to go pour a beer BEFORE I double-click on the SH4 icon.

Hylander_1314
12-13-11, 11:44 AM
I know the feeling! I had to put new u-joints in my driveshaft, and forgot to put new pin-bearings under one cup, and had to tear it all apart again.

Armistead
12-13-11, 07:28 PM
Kudos to you, my friend! Putting the Mods folder and JSGME in the SH4 folder did it! You da man!

Hell, at my age I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast a couple of days ago, let alone remembering what arcane, voodoo rituals I had to invoke when I installed a game almost 2 years ago. :D: O

Side note: On my old XP system it took 8-9 minutes between double-clicking on the SH4 icon to getting to the point where I could actually play the game (I'm not exageratting). On my new Win7 system, the game loaded up in about 6 seconds! :o

Now I have to retrain myself to go pour a beer BEFORE I double-click on the SH4 icon.
I have a older PC with XP and it only takes two mintues to get the game to start...I can only say one thing about your new PC...Arsehole

Vaux
12-13-11, 10:34 PM
I have a older PC with XP and it only takes two mintues to get the game to start...I can only say one thing about your new PC...Arsehole

Haters gonna hate! :D