PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Settings in Campaign Mode

Scandiman
08-15-11, 12:48 AM
Hi,

I have a bit of an issue with gameplay setting not working properly when starting a campaign. For some reason they resort to a difficulty setting of 6 and I can't seem to figure out what to do.

I am running v 1.5 via steam (crossover games on my Mac). I have some mods that work well, but I can't really play without the ability to run out of fuel. All works well. I just can't get a campaign to launch on higher difficulty settings.

Any tips for Mac users or anyone else with this issue? Also, any ideas on how to use larger mods would be greatly helpful as I can not run JSGME on my Mac. (perhaps it is possible, just not sure)

Thanks again & it is good to be on board!

NorthBeach
08-15-11, 01:34 AM
I run SHIV (1.5UBM TMO2.2/RSRD) fully modded on the Windows XP partitioned side of my Mac using Boot Camp. The game has no idea it's running on a Mac (for the most part, there are a couple of keyboard work arounds that you have to get used to). Everything works as it should.

You might want to go that route to make your experience a better one.

Welcome aboard!

Scandiman
08-15-11, 01:51 AM
Thank you for the tip. I have been hesitant of using boot camp since I have been "afraid" of turning "Mac" over to windows.

Do you know if SH 5 works as well? I do have copies of Sh 3-5 of Disc & Steam & I am itching to give SH5 a spin.

I have a 27 inch iMac w/4g ram & a 3.06 Croe 2 duo processor.

Thanks for the help. I will research more about boot camp as this is the is the most likely answer to this issue.

BTW, what is the workaround for the OBS periscope?

Thanks again & have a great day!

razark
08-15-11, 06:49 AM
I have a bit of an issue with gameplay setting not working properly when starting a campaign.
In the office, on the shelf to the left, there is a radio.

Click on it, and select "Gameplay Options". (I think) This will let you set the options you want.

CapnScurvy
08-15-11, 07:47 AM
Welcome Scandiman!!

Razark is right.

If you're starting a campaign, the "Captain's Office" is where you set the options for a campaign. The settings are initially "different" than the "Options" found at the Main Menu screen. The same is true with playing a specific "Quick Mission" or "Single Mission" game. The options are found at the bottom of the menu screen under the name "Realism".

So, to play the various ways, there's an "option menu" specific to each, that needs to be set before starting it. I know, it's confusing. The "game manual" has little help regarding the options settings. Least wise regarding the fact that the Main Menu "Options" screen has nothing to do with a Campaign or Single Missions game (outside of setting the game resolution and a couple of other basic things).

What is the question regarding the Observation Periscope?

Scandiman
08-15-11, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the tips in changing the settings in the options mode. I will certainly check this out.

About the Obs Periscope, The Mac keyboard has a "Fn" key where the "Ins" key is on a Windows keyboard. As a result, I can not incremently raise the Obs periscope with the keyboard.

I still may have to go the boot camp route, but am learning that OSX Lion does not support Windows XP. This is a shame since I have a copy of XP and am not sure if I want to go with windows 7. Boot Camp is probably the only way to use the most popular Mods.

Thanks again and I really appreciate the help!

Daniel Prates
08-15-11, 01:13 PM
Do you know if SH 5 works as well? I do have copies of Sh 3-5 of Disc & Steam & I am itching to give SH5 a spin.

I don't think SH5 works 'well' anywhere! :O:

pabbi
08-15-11, 05:20 PM
IN SH 4 root folder there is a file \Data\Cfg\Commands.cfg you can change the buttons you wish to use for each command, just make sure to copy the file before doing any thing.

Scandiman
08-15-11, 06:10 PM
Thanks everyone! Got things running quite well in Crossover games for Mac with Steam. Still may go the boot camp route, but have a playable modded edition of SH IV.

Current setup is Stock 1.5

New Real Environment MoD
ROW Sound Effects
Speech Overhaul
RSRD Stock

* took quite a while to copy them individually in the Data file, but am happy that thing are working. Am considering trying the DDE Environment 1.3.

A BIG thanks to all the modders for your hard work & passion and to the community for your help. It's great to be back in the "Pacific" again after living in Papua New Guinea for 10 years. Since i can't go in person, than nothing is nothing is better than virtual visits on the High Seas! Those poor merchant ships in Lae didn't know what hit them! :DL