PDA

View Full Version : how to install om with tm

fisherstoys1
08-10-11, 03:49 PM
How and which TM do I install with OM. Lurkrer's posts I have seen but it is a lilttle confusing. I believe he said they do not work together.
Thanks

Grant

casey.phobic
08-10-11, 04:29 PM
I believe that they modify some of the same files, so it isn't possible to run both at once. Are you using JSGME? If not, it makes switching between mods much easier, thought it still takes several minutes to get switched over.

Sailor Steve
08-10-11, 04:56 PM
Trigger Maru and Operation Monsun are completely different concepts. They may share a few files, but they have a great many more which will override each other. The best thing to do is get MultiSH4 and create different installations, one for each.

Original
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=433

UBM 1.5
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1110

Daniel Prates
08-10-11, 06:21 PM
Steve is right, and by the way, we've just discussed that recently in this thread...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185585

... where I pointed out that OM + TMO gives you some problems with traffic and targets, if you try using OM for anything different than playing german subs in german patrols.

'I'm going down' said this when I made this remark...

"I do not know what you are talking about. Other than the difference in setting up the Aob, which takes some figuring, and using the wheel in KIUB, the games seem to me to be very similar. I have played TMO, FOTRS, RFB, GFO. stock with OTC, and OM/OMEGU/KIUB."

... but I stick to what my experience dictates: OM is great as a stand-alone supermod. Mixing it with other mods - specially when trying to play again in the american side - gives you mod-soup-headaches of several sorts.

I'm goin' down
08-11-11, 04:22 AM
Steve is right, and by the way, we've just discussed that recently in this thread...

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=185585

... where I pointed out that OM + TMO gives you some problems with traffic and targets, if you try using OM for anything different than playing german subs in german patrols.

'I'm going down' said this when I made this remark...

"I do not know what you are talking about. Other than the difference in setting up the Aob, which takes some figuring, and using the wheel in KIUB, the games seem to me to be very similar. I have played TMO, FOTRS, RFB, GFO. stock with OTC, and OM/OMEGU/KIUB."

... but I stick to what my experience dictates: OM is great as a stand-alone supermod. Mixing it with other mods - specially when trying to play again in the american side - gives you mod-soup-headaches of several sorts.

Tips hat to Captain Prates.

You cannot have a single setup with OM and TMO. No can do!! However, just have two setups. It is SIMPLE. I mean if I can do it, any captain can. Use multi-SH4, a program you can find in the mods forum. I have three setups. GFO, so I can use Captain Scruvy's OTC mod and RSRDC; TMO/RSRDC with the Easy Aob mod; and OM/OMEGU/KIUB. Next up with be the new version of FOTRS, which is supposed to have dds with a higher artificial intelligence. The only supermod I am not using is RFB because the dds are too easy to avoid.

Daniel Prates
08-15-11, 12:39 PM
Tips hat to Captain Prates.

You cannot have a single setup with OM and TMO. No can do!! However, just have two setups. It is SIMPLE. I mean if I can do it, any captain can. Use multi-SH4, a program you can find in the mods forum. I have three setups. GFO, so I can use Captain Scruvy's OTC mod and RSRDC; TMO/RSRDC with the Easy Aob mod; and OM/OMEGU/KIUB. Next up with be the new version of FOTRS, which is supposed to have dds with a higher artificial intelligence. The only supermod I am not using is RFB because the dds are too easy to avoid.

That's a goot tip, mate! Thanks. I'll be sure to try it. Actually I am forced to try new things, since I had to retreat from Win7 to WinXP and many of my files vanished in a poorly-conducter reformat.

As it turns out, the judiciary over here at sunny Brazil is slowly adopting an e-process system, where judicial procedures are now entirely paper-less. I now require this official digital-certify program, which - guess what - does not run under windows 7. :nope: Since I can no longer ignore it, as some branches are now adopting this in mandatory-stance, I had to forfeit win7, though all my efforts to get used to it.