PDA

View Full Version : August 1943, Sea Of Japan

Bubblehead1980
07-26-11, 02:09 PM
USS Cisco, Balao class on second patrol, assigned to patrol Sea of Japan via La Perouse Strait.Found this way too easy to enter and be in.Does it get more difficult in late war? aware there are minefields but no patrols ?

Armistead
07-26-11, 03:44 PM
You can get through about any strait near Japan without problems, usually without hitting a mine.

I put elite killer groups in most straits, increased minefield density, shoreguns and ASW air patrols.

I did spawn some subnets, but they can interfere with traffic should you be there and traffic spawns. It's just too hard to figure out all traffic coming through and correctly spawn and despawn subnets.

Bubblehead1980
07-26-11, 05:18 PM
You can get through about any strait near Japan without problems, usually without hitting a mine.

I put elite killer groups in most straits, increased minefield density, shoreguns and ASW air patrols.

I did spawn some subnets, but they can interfere with traffic should you be there and traffic spawns. It's just too hard to figure out all traffic coming through and correctly spawn and despawn subnets.

just added them to the hunterkiller groups in appropriate dates? saved shore guns and mines are land unit? how do you add air patrols? can add them in the hunter killer group correct? i noticed lurker did in late 44 hunter killer layer in formosa straits

Armistead
07-26-11, 08:24 PM
just added them to the hunterkiller groups in appropriate dates? saved shore guns and mines are land unit? how do you add air patrols? can add them in the hunter killer group correct? i noticed lurker did in late 44 hunter killer layer in formosa straits

Right and right...Add air patrols same as ships, you can add air patrols to any file that has ships, convoys, TF, etc...As you noticed lurker has plane traffic added to subkiller file, battles, ect...

I've tried adding planes to ship groups so they would act as cap, but they fly low and usually crash. If they spot you they act more normal.