PDA

View Full Version : hospital ships?

Bubblehead1980
07-12-11, 01:46 PM
I was told there are hospital ships out there ready for TMo RSRD? Anyone know where I can find them? Would be nice.

Daniel Prates
07-12-11, 07:39 PM
Wow! To tend your wounded with, or to be sunken by us with and evil look upon our faces? :arrgh!:

Bubblehead1980
07-12-11, 07:49 PM
Wow! To tend your wounded with, or to be sunken by us with and evil look upon our faces? :arrgh!:

Not sure I would sink them, but would be a great immersion thing to track a ship then when close enough for a look, spot the Red Cross emblem.Would add a new level of fun and :damn: to the sim.

razark
07-12-11, 08:20 PM
Did the Japanese use any hospital ships? Off the top of my head, I don't remember reading about any.

Platapus
07-12-11, 08:50 PM
Did the Japanese use any hospital ships? Off the top of my head, I don't remember reading about any.

Tashibana Maru

Muroto

Op Ten Noort was a Dutch ship used by the Japanese as a hospital ship

Hikawa Maru

Awa Maru was sunk by the Queenfish.

There probably are more.

razark
07-12-11, 09:30 PM
There probably are more.
So it would seem.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/Byoinsen.htm

Armistead
07-12-11, 10:45 PM
If I recall I think Madmax had them as seperate mods, ships he used in FORS. To make them work in RSRD you do have to add them to traffic and set renown or you can leave it without any. Here are some pictures. Two types and you can add them to the traffic of any nation available.

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/SH4Img2011-04-05_172335_546.jpg

http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu235/Armistead1424/SH4Img2011-04-10_133103_428.jpg

Daniel Prates
07-13-11, 09:19 AM
How interesting. Hitting them causes any penalty, any form of demotion or "negative renown"?

Aviv
07-13-11, 11:02 AM
Cool. Did hospital ships carry POWs from places like Phillipines to factories in Korea, China and Thailand? I think I read that somewhere.

Daniel Prates
07-13-11, 03:31 PM
Cool. Did hospital ships carry POWs from places like Phillipines to factories in Korea, China and Thailand? I think I read that somewhere.

THere was an incident in the atlantic, where a uboat sunk a prision ship with italian soldiers, thinking it to be a merchant.

razark
07-13-11, 04:08 PM
THere was an incident in the atlantic, where a uboat sunk a prision ship with italian soldiers, thinking it to be a merchant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_by_death_toll_of_ships_sunk_by_submarines

Search for "POW" on that page. There's several of them listed.

Platapus
07-13-11, 07:15 PM
So it would seem.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/Byoinsen.htm

Nice find! :up:

razark
07-13-11, 07:47 PM
Nice find! :up:
It was very obscure. I had to google the name of the first ship you posted. :D

I was surprised that out of twenty hospital ships, only four survived the war.

Daniel Prates
07-14-11, 12:36 PM
Nice finding indeed.

sharkbit
07-14-11, 04:44 PM
How interesting. Hitting them causes any penalty, any form of demotion or "negative renown"?

:shifty: I've heard of a case where somebody may or may not have sunk a hospital ship(it was stormy, or so I heard) and it had a bad effect on that skipper's career in the Kriegsmarine/ US Navy. Pure speculation though. :shifty: :oops:

Oh, by the way...the red crosses on the side make great aiming points.:arrgh!:

Admiral Von Gerlach
07-14-11, 06:41 PM
All sides used Hospital ships, both marked and un marked..and both sides sank them both intentionally and unintentionally, some use was made by both sides to carry munitions and other counterbrand so there may have been mixed motives.....

there are some available for the sim.

Bubblehead1980
07-14-11, 07:51 PM
where can find hospital ships to put in with TMO RSRD?

max-peck
07-15-11, 05:57 AM
where can find hospital ships to put in with TMO RSRD?

Get them from FOTRS.
You'll want the NPL_RC, it's a Horai reskinned to be a hospital ship.

You'll need the NPL_RC folder from the Sea folder, also the NPL_RC.cfg from the Roster/Sea/Japan folder.

TorpX
07-15-11, 03:55 PM
I was told there are hospital ships out there ready for TMo RSRD? Anyone know where I can find them? Would be nice.

If you have to manually place hospital ships in RSRDC, doesn't that make it pointless? I mean you would already know where they would be and what they would look like. :-?

Daniel Prates
07-18-11, 07:49 AM
If you have to manually place hospital ships in RSRDC, doesn't that make it pointless? I mean you would already know where they would be and what they would look like. :-?

:timeout:

Bubblehead1980
07-20-11, 08:45 PM
Get them from FOTRS.
You'll want the NPL_RC, it's a Horai reskinned to be a hospital ship.

You'll need the NPL_RC folder from the Sea folder, also the NPL_RC.cfg from the Roster/Sea/Japan folder.

hmm so ill have to download FOTRS to get them? eh wishs omeone would make them JSGME read so could just upload.

Bubblehead1980
07-20-11, 08:46 PM

if they are added to the roster where will show up in the random layers, wont know where and when they will spawn, thus keeping surprise.

Armistead
07-20-11, 11:11 PM
I found the thread that has a working link. It's the Nagato thread. I loaded ships I could, but most links were dead, but hospital ships work in this one.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136146&page=3&highlight=Nagato+mod

Yep, you do have to add them to RSRD traffic layers, but you can loop traffic, set spawn percentages, etc., or add them to other merchant groups. You can also add layers for allied using them if you just want to run into them and not know until u id if you play with cams off.

Bubblehead1980
07-21-11, 03:42 AM
Thanks Armistead, just downloaded them. One question, I looked over the read me and it says have to type this:

NPL_Hap=Big Passengership
NPL_RC=Hospitalship

into names.cfg in the roster.Opened the file and not sure where to put this in the file.Any ideas?

Also, can add them via the mission editor? just save them in the random layers for single merchants? how do you make them flagged for Japan? thanks for the help.

Armistead
07-21-11, 03:27 PM
Thanks Armistead, just downloaded them. One question, I looked over the read me and it says have to type this:

NPL_Hap=Big Passengership
NPL_RC=Hospitalship

into names.cfg in the roster.Opened the file and not sure where to put this in the file.Any ideas?

Also, can add them via the mission editor? just save them in the random layers for single merchants? how do you make them flagged for Japan? thanks for the help.

Sent you a PM...

Add them under "Sea", just paste them last, anywhere, doesn't really matter under sea.

Once you follow directions in PM, they will show in the ME under the Sea tab where you pick a nation. You can add them to any nation available, Jap, US, Aus, etc....If you build random groups, after you chose a nation just scroll until you find the hospital ship.