PDA

View Full Version : FPS degradation

andqui
07-10-11, 10:50 AM
When I first start the game, it runs absolutely smoothly, and there are no problems. However, over time, the FPS in external view becomes worse and worse each time I switch to it. While this is happening, using the Nav map and looking around the interior of the sub poses does not lead to an fps slowdown. When I move to the bridge or to the free camera, the slowdown starts again. After around 15 minutes of choppiness, all of a sudden the fps goes back to normal. I can't find a pattern to when the fps lag disappears, but it is sometimes triggered when I make a change to the video settings (both in game and via Nvidia Inspector). After it has reverted itself, the process starts over again and the external view starts to slow down again.

Does anyone know what's going on? I don't think it's a hardware or overheat issue, because other programs besides SH4 work just fine.

thanks

commandosolo2009
07-10-11, 11:29 AM
turn off environmental effects in the graphics options.. And kill a/v if you have norton disable autoprotect and firewall, the turn on silent mode.

Let me know if this helps.
Kind Regards,
Cmdr. 2k9

irish1958
07-10-11, 08:40 PM
As above; also turn off everything you can, and use alacrityPC or game booster to get rid of stuff you don't need.
Norton's stuff doesn't work well with games.

andy_311
07-11-11, 06:09 PM
I do have the same problem but only if i hit a tanker and she burn's a trail on the course she's sailing on and if i hit anouther one and the same occurs my FPS just dies untill both ships sink and the flames die down Id hate what it would be like if i got a large convoy or if really lucky a TF and i hit them in the fuel bunker i proberbly get a ctd cause am out of memmory.