PDA

View Full Version : More Graphics Weirdness

Dogfish40
06-07-11, 10:15 AM
Any of you other LC's seen this?! First off, The major portion of my mod soup revolves around GFO, GFO real env #1 patch and Real Environments Folder #1.
All the other mods are quite small and benevolent.
I am trying to use the graphics set on high with a couple of minor adjustments including keeping the post Process filters and Glare off.
Here's the main thing. When I have Voluminous Fog set to on (which I like) I can see through the crewman on the bridge just behind me. This is the watchman on the port side of the conning tower. I know he's transparent because I can see the railing behind him. The cure for this is to simply shut off the Vol Fog. I was just wondering if there was another fix which would enable me to have a solid crewman and Voluminous Fog.

Two; The other night I had my mood interrupted by the moon being in front of the clouds. Has anyone else seen this? I do not think this happens all the time but I want to make sure I'm not causing it by the mods installed.
If anyone has got a suggestion off the bat that would be great.
Thanx in advance.
D40 :salute:

AVGWarhawk
06-07-11, 11:34 AM
I can see through the crewman on the bridge just behind me.

Known stock bug I believe.

moon being in front of the clouds

I have never seen this before.

WernherVonTrapp
06-07-11, 01:20 PM
I get the same thing. When the crewman is backset against the fog, he becomes transparent. When the boat slips down into a swell and the crewman falls below the fog, he becomes a solid figure again.

Dogfish40
06-07-11, 05:11 PM
Yeah, until I find the fix, I'm just going to keep VF off. Oh,well. It's a drag because it's not a bad effect.
:salute:

Stealhead
06-07-11, 09:57 PM
I think that see though deal is going to stay surely someone would have fixed it by now if it where possible.So I guess you are stuck with turning off the Fog effect or dealing with the see through it bugs me a little as well but I normally only look through the binoculars so I don't normally see the crew.

Dogfish40
06-08-11, 11:02 AM
This is another one that's been going on and off for some time. The enemy can't see it so it's not a big show stopper, just a mood flattner :06: I see this at 180 degrees from the scope.
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/752/sh4img201106031553.jpg

razark
06-08-11, 11:40 AM
This is another one that been going on and off for some time. The enemy can't see it so it's not a big show stopper, just a mood flattner :06: I see this at 180 degrees from the scope.

That's the marker so you can know where you are when submerged.

There's a way to turn it off, but I don't remember what it is. You can also replace the graphic file to remove it.

Daniel Prates
06-08-11, 02:28 PM
Two; The other night I had my mood interrupted by the moon being in front of the clouds. Has anyone else seen this? I do not think this happens all the time but I want to make sure I'm not causing it by the mods installed.

Doesn't the moon actually appears through the clouds when it is just high-altitude cirrus or other similar sorts of clouds? I mean, if I were seeing the moon through a CB, I would be worried about that bad tea I just drank.... but something like this....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/47/Misc_clouds_santa_clarita.JPG/800px-Misc_clouds_santa_clarita.JPG (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Misc_clouds_santa_clarita.JPG)

... is transparent to the sun or the moon. I don't know about other mods but TMO, so far, has toasted me with a very varied ammount of weather.

Oh as as for the surface marker... it is indeed possible to turn it off. I actually only saw it in SH3, and never, ever, even once, have I seen it in SH4!

Mikemike47
06-08-11, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1679729#post1679729)
This is another one that been going on and off for some time. The enemy can't see it so it's not a big show stopper, just a mood flattner :06: I see this at 180 degrees from the scope.

That's the marker so you can know where you are when submerged.

There's a way to turn it off, but I don't remember what it is. You can also replace the graphic file to remove it.

The graphic file needed is Umark.dds and is 6 KB in size. The file is found in Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Misc folder. Ducimus' mod called Trigger Maru Overhauled ver 2.0 has the file of umark.dds being blanked out. If you do not have Trigger Maru, than send me a PM. I will email you the file.

Dogfish40
06-09-11, 10:47 AM
Razark, Daniel & Mike,
Thanks for those. I'm sure we all agree that normally we're not supposed to see that marker through the periscope at all. In fact the only time we're supposed to see the marker is if you're using the outside camera.
I really don't want to shut off the marker completely because I use the outside camera to get a bearing on the boat when I go off looking for Enemy planes and other eye candy I like to check out whilst tooling around the Pacific.
So, maybe there is another fix. To be a bit more thorough, I need to mention that this only happens when I have a Gato (so far) and I'm in the mid Pacific, it tends to dissappear further south. Anyhow, Mike, I'll send that off, Thanks.
Good Hunting all!
D40 :salute:

Daniel Prates
06-09-11, 02:26 PM
I really don't want to shut off the marker completely because I use the outside camera to get a bearing on the boat when I go off looking for Enemy planes and other eye candy I like to check out whilst tooling around the Pacific.

Oh come on man, using external view is so gamey. Turn it off alltogether. I use it every once in a while but only for the ocasional eyecandy (BTW, is it sick to enjoy seeeing those nippon marus sinking?) but 99% of the time external view is there just to spoil game enjoyment.

WernherVonTrapp
06-10-11, 03:48 AM
I think you can get rid of that sub marker arrow by clicking Alt + Delete (the numbers pad "delete" key that is). It's either that or Ctrl + Delete.:hmmm:

Dogfish40
06-10-11, 08:47 AM
Oh come on man, using external view is so gamey. Turn it off alltogether. I use it every once in a while but only for the ocasional eyecandy (BTW, is it sick to enjoy seeeing those nippon marus sinking?) but 99% of the time external view is there just to spoil game enjoyment.

That's what I mean. I really don't use the external camera for taking a peek to give myself an advantage. That's why I was having so much trouble with weeks of heavy fog not long ago. I couldn't tell if I was going to attack a frendly merchant or an enemy until I got 300 yrds from the vessal. I use the external cam when there's no action and things are kinda boring:yawn:. I take lots of screenies as well. If I didn't have the external cam, all the trouble that they took to make the graphics this good would go out the window. :salute:

I think you can get rid of that sub marker arrow by clicking Alt + Delete (the numbers pad "delete" key that is). It's either that or Ctrl + Delete.:hmmm:

I'll try that, thanks Wernher. :salute: