PDA

View Full Version : Walking around the ship

Daniel Prates
05-25-11, 03:14 PM
Is walking around in first-person view (when in the bridge, coning tower, command room etc) an excluisive feature of TMO? Because when I played stock only I never noticed this feature, discovering it only with TMO. I now removed TMO to try out OM instead, and I can no longer use the cursor keys to go on a stroll.

What gives?

Dogfish40
05-25-11, 04:14 PM
Shift+F2. That will usually get you free cam inside the boat. There are several mods that change the command around, I have 1.5 w GFO and Real Environments and I hit the F key. Try Shift+F2.
D40:salute:

Stealhead
05-25-11, 07:24 PM
I can walk around with OM just like TMO. I think you need a certain version I have all the base OMs and I think you need OMEGU V3.00 and its patch I test ran it with out OMEGU and I could not move freely like TMO after OMEGU I could with out pressing shift+F2 just the normal TMO way.Which is a mod by they way I just dont know what it is but you can use it with stock and most super mods have it included.

WernherVonTrapp
05-25-11, 07:29 PM
I have some difficulty remembering, hence I may be wrong. Still, I don't recall being able to walk around the boat at all in stock. I'm able to do it in TMO and, I think, I was able to do it to some degree in RFB.

Sailor Steve
05-25-11, 09:11 PM
I just loaded up my stock copy of SH4, which I keep around because sometimes I need to look at the stock files. In the control room Shift+F2 lets you walk around. Topside you need one of the mods. As I recall RFB also lets you walk around freely, but the only modded version I have loaded right now is OM, so I can't say for certain.

Daniel Prates
05-26-11, 10:16 AM
I tried shift-f2 (thanks btw). It worked. However, only in the control room. I can't make that function in the conning tower, or either outside in deckwatch.

I don't think it is a version issue. I disabled TMO2.1 (its not compatible with OM... right??) and enabled OM705, OM720, OMEGU300, and OMEGU300 patch 7. So I guess my mod version is not the problem.

Dogfish40
05-26-11, 10:38 AM
Ok, If you don't mind loading up the Pacific Environments mod, it has five or so folders that let you load up differant layers of the mod. Folder 1 is the basic install folder and will change or improve certain graphics. This folder also lets you roam free, bridge and all. Check it out, I'm sure it's compatible with 1.4 on.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1531&act=down

Enjoy.
D40:salute:

Stealhead
05-26-11, 04:19 PM
My set up is:
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OM720_Patch5
OM_Med_Env (this is just adding in the Med. Sea)
OMEGU_V300
OMEGU_V300_Patch7

And I am able to move around freely with the arrow keys just as in TMO
without pressing shift+F2.I am pretty sure that the OMEGU_V300s are what allows the truly free camera.

Daniel Prates
05-27-11, 12:59 PM
My set up is:
OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V720
OM720_Patch5
OM_Med_Env (this is just adding in the Med. Sea)
OMEGU_V300
OMEGU_V300_Patch7

And I am able to move around freely with the arrow keys just as in TMO
without pressing shift+F2.I am pretty sure that the OMEGU_V300s are what allows the truly free camera.

Thanks, I'll try that.

TorpX
05-27-11, 01:24 PM
As I recall RFB also lets you walk around freely...

Yes, you are correct. There is no Captain's cabin or radio room or anything like that.

Stealhead
05-28-11, 01:16 AM
I am not really a big fan of that mod my self seeing as it is the radio/sound section of the type IX it throws me when I am supposed to be inside a US Navy sub.Not to say that it is a bad mod it is what can be done in SH4 to "simulate" the Captains room.

Dogfish40
05-28-11, 10:34 PM
Thanks, I'll try that.

Daniel,
By the way, I forgot to mention this. If you press shift+F2 and walk around the control room, you can get to the conning tower by walking through the hatch closest to the periscope (not the hatch above you, the hatch on the other side of the periscope, heading to the stern), once you walk through (literally through) the hatch you will see flat blue/ go slightly forward /look up and right/ you will see the conning tower. once you see it you will be able to go in. So really, shift + F2 will get you the conning tower as well.
If you get lost I think you just right click again and you're back where you started and you can try again. Once you find it it's easy to get in there!
Hope this helps again. :salute:
D40

Daniel Prates
05-30-11, 01:13 PM
Daniel,
By the way, I forgot to mention this. If you press shift+F2 and walk around the control room, you can get to the conning tower by walking through the hatch closest to the periscope (not the hatch above you, the hatch on the other side of the periscope, heading to the stern), once you walk through (literally through) the hatch you will see flat blue/ go slightly forward /look up and right/ you will see the conning tower. once you see it you will be able to go in. So really, shift + F2 will get you the conning tower as well.
If you get lost I think you just right click again and you're back where you started and you can try again. Once you find it it's easy to get in there!
Hope this helps again. :salute:
D40

Can I get outside using the same procedure?