PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Log Issue In Port

Geredis
05-17-11, 09:00 AM
Hey.

I was just wondering, is there any solution to the bugged captain's log when you're in port? At the moment, I can't seem to scroll past the first 13 events on a patrol. I can scroll down ever so slgihtly, and get the top quarter or so of the 14th event, but after that, I can't scroll any further, despite knowing that there are at least 3-4 further events that were logged. Is there anything that can be done to solve this issue?

I'm using 1.5 on a fresh install.

Daniel Prates
05-17-11, 09:09 AM
Curious, when I had 1.5 stock, that didn't happen.

But why bother? Except for your u-boat managing options, all aspects of your office screen are dull.

magic452
05-17-11, 06:40 PM
Other than keeping the events to 12 or less :know: I don't think so.
Sink 12 ships than you gotta go home. :D

To the point I don't think I ever ran into this but I do keep my patrols short and seldom check the log, its kind of buggy.

Welcome to the boat mate. :salute:

Mush Martin
05-17-11, 06:41 PM
:salute: Welcome aboard.

Geredis
05-21-11, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and I suppose you're right - I'll try to keep my patrols as short as possible.

Seems to be the only logical solution for now.

Not that I mind terribly much - the totals are shown on the Ace board fine, but I'm one of those folks that love statistics and numbers, and seeing the details in the log was something I was looking forward to.

TorpX
05-23-11, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and I suppose you're right - I'll try to keep my patrols as short as possible.

Seems to be the only logical solution for now.

Not that I mind terribly much - the totals are shown on the Ace board fine, but I'm one of those folks that love statistics and numbers, and seeing the details in the log was something I was looking forward to.

I like the numbers too. Especially those related to firing solutions and such. Since the game is very much handicapped in this regard, I suggest you do what I do, which is to simply pause the game and write it down. It's a PITA, but pays dividends down the road. :salute:

Daniel Prates
05-23-11, 09:44 AM
I like the numbers too. Especially those related to firing solutions and such. Since the game is very much handicapped in this regard, I suggest you do what I do, which is to simply pause the game and write it down. It's a PITA, but pays dividends down the road. :salute:

Or, during the patrol, open up your captain's log and save the screen,

WernherVonTrapp
05-23-11, 10:17 AM
Hey.

I was just wondering, is there any solution to the bugged captain's log when you're in port? At the moment, I can't seem to scroll past the first 13 events on a patrol. I can scroll down ever so slgihtly, and get the top quarter or so of the 14th event, but after that, I can't scroll any further, despite knowing that there are at least 3-4 further events that were logged. Is there anything that can be done to solve this issue?

I'm using 1.5 on a fresh install.I'm might be wrong here (I've been known to have vague imaginations:D) but, I do vaguely remember that once you get to the bottom of the scroll, you return and click on the book again to turn another page. See if that helps, or if it was just another one of my ambiguous dreams.:haha:

Oh yeah, welcome to the fleet.:salute: