PDA

View Full Version : Human Shield Harbor Raiding

Anthony W.
05-13-11, 04:10 PM
Has anyone noticed that if you're raiding a harbor, and surface right next to an enemy ship, the others won't fire at you?

Daniel Prates
05-13-11, 04:32 PM
Exactely in what conditions did you decide to test this aproach? :o

Anthony W.
05-13-11, 04:48 PM
Exactely in what conditions did you decide to test this aproach? :o

U-Boat, no torpedoes remaining, end of the war, nothing left to lose

Platapus
05-14-11, 11:49 AM
Has anyone noticed that if you're raiding a harbor, and surface right next to an enemy ship, the others won't fire at you?

I have not found this to be true in my careers.

Daniel Prates
05-14-11, 05:44 PM
every time I surface in a harbor situation, I get targeted by every single ship that has any kind of weapon - and also by land bunkers, should they be there and in range. Try Wake island, for instance.

Now, it is true that if you somehow manage to be protected by the jettys or docks inside a harbor, you should be fine. From some angles, it is possible to be fully protected. They still blast their cannos, though.

In any case, it is suicide.

Anthony W.
05-14-11, 05:52 PM
every time I surface in a harbor situation, I get targeted by every single ship that has any kind of weapon - and also by land bunkers, should they be there and in range. Try Wake island, for instance.

Now, it is true that if you somehow manage to be protected by the jettys or docks inside a harbor, you should be fine. From some angles, it is possible to be fully protected. They still blast their cannos, though.

In any case, it is suicide.

I surfaced underneath a cruiser - I kind of rolled off the side and bobbed up pressed against it

Armistead
05-14-11, 05:57 PM
That is true to a point. I use to do it all the time in stock. You could get beside merchant in a convoy and the dd's wouldn't fire at you. Now, if the surface ships guns can hit you , it will. I use to get BB's dead on the water and surface beside them and the dd's just make circles and you could sink them all..

I think each ship has a small zone around it that friendlys won't fire on as they could hit the ship, so you're safe in that zone..

I quit doing it a year or so ago, it was just too easy, haven't tried it with the mods I run now.

andy_311
05-14-11, 07:32 PM
That might be but every harbour has defences,I know land defences will blast you if they see you (my AI can fire at 10000m) just makes it just a bit interesting on Agent Insertion,or harbour bash if you screw it up:rock:

Anthony W.
05-14-11, 10:25 PM
That might be but every harbour has defences,I know land defences will blast you if they see you (my AI can fire at 10000m) just makes it just a bit interesting on Agent Insertion,or harbour bash if you screw it up:rock:

If I'm inserting an agent, I dive 100 miles out and surface just barely surface enough to launch in the middle of the night