PDA

View Full Version : I want RSRDC

Aviv
05-09-11, 11:32 AM
Okay so I only discovered RSRDC a week or so ago. I don't know why I didn't find it before when I was installing TMO, but I want that mod.

Can somebody show me which is the best for running on TMO2.1? Cause there's a lot of different versions, and updates and I don't know anything about this mod.

Thanks.

eers75
05-09-11, 11:59 AM
Running TMO 2.1 you will need this install order:

1. TMO 2.0
2. TMO 2.1 update
3. RSRDC_TMO_V502
4. RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1

I believe this all to be correct and is what im running with no problems. Install any other optional mods after the four I listed. Hope this helps.

Aviv
05-09-11, 01:12 PM
Okay great, thanks. Is it safe to do that in the middle of a campaign? In port of course, but should I finish my campaign too?

eers75
05-09-11, 01:41 PM
Okay great, thanks. Is it safe to do that in the middle of a campaign? In port of course, but should I finish my campaign too?

I believe they have to be installed in a new campaign as thats what I have always done and I believe this is the best bet to avoid bugs and such. Some mods out there can be installed while at port in current campaign but when Ive installed major mods such as RSRD its always been in a new campaign. I have never done it any other way so I do not know what will happen if you try to install this while in current campaign. My advice would be to start a new one. Im sure that one of the more experienced people in this forum may be able to tell you definatively or not as im not 100% sure.

The reason for a new campaign I believe is that your save files are located in a location other than the one that mods overwrite files and such the new files may conflict with your saved file.

Mikemike47
05-09-11, 01:58 PM
Running TMO 2.1 you will need this install order:

1. TMO 2.0
2. TMO 2.1 update
3. RSRDC_TMO_V502
4. RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.7

I believe this all to be correct and is what im running with no problems. Install any other optional mods after the four I listed. Hope this helps.

Ref:
4. RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.7
I could interpret this as version 1.7. Filename should be RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1. Full file name is RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.7z. "Filename.7z" is a file compression type similar to .cab, .jar or .rar files.

eers75
05-09-11, 03:10 PM
Ref:
4. RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.7
I could interpret this as version 1.7. Filename should be RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1. Full file name is RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1.7z. "Filename.7z" is a file compression type similar to .cab, .jar or .rar files.

Copy and pasted a little too far on the "7" there. I fixed it in my first response.