PDA

View Full Version : Rebelious crew

Daniel Prates
05-06-11, 05:56 PM
So this is what happened. All the sudden, the boat stops and although I clicked the telegraph several times, a message sayint "unable to comply" appeared repeatedly. The sub simply stays there, unmovable. Since there was a proper in-game response, I though "what the heck, this can't be a bug".

I ran a check-list and, voilá, I had forgotten the "battlestations" order checked. Those poor guys where awake non-stop for several days already.

I checked-out the battlestations alert and the problem was solved. I ordered ahead standard and along went the boat.

I was stupid not to check the crew's morale, that only occured me now. neither did I immediately re-ordered battlestations, just to see if they would refuse to go along again.

So, what happened here? Bug? Mutiny? :salute:

Aviv
05-06-11, 06:59 PM
Yes. I've had a similar problem a couple of times. I don't usually forget to check the battlestations, but I noticed a few times when in time compression that the boat stops. To restart the boat I have to be in x1 time compression, but by then i already wasted a couple of hours (cause it will be x5000 or x6000). I don't think that is related to the battlestations problem cause i always leave my crews to rest after an attack (I like to be a popular captain).

So did you notice the fatigue of your crew was 100% when you looked at them?

GreyBeard
05-07-11, 01:20 PM
Sheesh! What a slave driver! :D

Daniel Prates
05-07-11, 04:49 PM
Sheesh! What a slave driver! :D

Yeah, and I made them listen to Village People's "in the navy" for all the period.

Torplexed
05-07-11, 04:52 PM
Yeah, and I made them listen to Village People's "in the navy" for all the period.

Careful. They may defect to the Japanese. :D

Gerald
05-07-11, 05:11 PM
Keep up the good work, :salute:

Platapus
05-08-11, 10:52 AM
I think most of us have done that at least once. :yep:

Realistically (not in-game) what would be the longest time that the crew would be at battle stations - not counting time repairing damage?

Gerald
05-08-11, 10:56 AM
Good question!

Daniel Prates
05-09-11, 10:18 AM
It is hard to imagine everybody in full alert for more than a day or two.

Sailor Steve
05-09-11, 12:20 PM
I think most of us have done that at least once. :yep:

Realistically (not in-game) what would be the longest time that the crew would be at battle stations - not counting time repairing damage?
General Quarters is only held while absolutely necessary, meaning while in actual combat. Of-duty personel are recruited to aid in repairs.

Daniel Prates
05-09-11, 02:52 PM
Of-duty personel are recruited to aid in repairs.

Would be interesting if this could apply on SH4, as I have no indication of this happening in the game.

TorpX
05-09-11, 03:10 PM
I would go along with SS here. In RL, a contact would be tracked and an approach started without going to BS. At least, that is what was done on the Tang.