PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Maru_Overhaul & RFB Won't Run Windows 7

colt45
05-03-11, 12:59 PM
:cry:I need help with my Silent Hunter 4 in that I have tried to use Trigger Maru_Overhaul 1.9 and when I choose career it states "Go get something to drink this might take awhile" and it never comes up. The second problem is that I have moved Maru Overhal to inactive and tried RFB 1.4 and it won't run on my game it just sets their and doesn't load the red indicator shows it about 3/4 their. I'm running Windows 7 and no problems with my operating system. I have two hard drives with Windows 7 on one and XP on the other. Both have Silent Hunter 4 installed, but XP will allow RFB 1.4, but not Trigger Maru which has the same message that Windows 7 have.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jan Kyster
05-03-11, 04:27 PM
Move your install away from "Program Files"...

Usually the culprit of this kind of behaviour.

Or you're using a Steam version?

But if your SH4 is installed on the "XP disc", why not just run it there? No need to install it for both OS'es...

colt45
05-03-11, 08:19 PM
I put it on both because I'm having the same trouble with both so I loaded on the XP just to see if it would work.

Jan Kyster
05-04-11, 11:58 AM
Yes? And?

What about the questions? ... Steam? Install Folder?

Try delete the documents\SH4 save folder.

colt45
05-04-11, 02:51 PM
Ok, I went in to Windows 7 and deleted SH V from my program 86X files and reinstalled the game in C: drive only and rebooted, I then installed 1.4 patch and rebooted my pc. I then downloaded JSGME and installed in my SH V. I then installed Trigger Maru Overhauled 1.9 and using the JSGME installed in the game. Turn the game on and I see the WWII submarine with "Trigger Maru Overhauled" typed across it and the the red bar below goes all the way over to the right like she is getting ready to load and then she just stops and does nothing.

I don't have steam and I deleted the document files for SHV. I haven't gone in and tried the samething with XP yet.

Jan Kyster
05-04-11, 03:50 PM
TMO 1.9 is for SH IV: U-Boat Mission aka version 1.5...

Go get the Gold Edition on disc. Worth every cent! :up: