PDA

View Full Version : Nav map mod help

cgkstealth
01-19-11, 10:01 PM
Sorry for the lack of specifics, but I recently lost my hard-drive and all of my data on it. I'm looking to restore my SH4 to its pre-failure condition once I get my rig back up and running.

I had stumbled upon a Nav Map mod that changed the colors of the map. I remember this one mod containing 4 or so different variations of the Nav Map. Some with darker or lighter blues, some with dark and light blue (deep/shallow) inverted, and one that (to my memory) was black and white.
All I remember is that the version I was running was called Map Colour Scheme 3. As I said it contained maybe 4 or so different maps within one mod that could be unpacked and enabled separately via JSGME.
I've spent the last hour looking desperately through the "downloads" section with no luck. I'm know I downloaded it here, and really liked it. Only problem is now I can't find it to re-download. :damn:

If anyone could point me to where it is at, or knows how I could possibly better find, it I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks. :)

ReallyDedPoet
01-19-11, 10:38 PM
This one: Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141812&highlight=Map+Colour+Scheme+3)

It's an older thread, but the d\l still works :yep:

cgkstealth
01-19-11, 11:27 PM
Thanks reallydedpoet. :DL
You have no idea how hard I tried to find that thing.... :shifty:
This time I think a backup copy or bookmark is in order. I had a copy my stuff on my "Recovery" partition, but when your hard drive is totally dead (like mine is) it doesn't do http://cache.gtpla.net/forum/images/smilies/censored.gif for recovering lost data.

Thanks again.:salute:

Moonlight
01-20-11, 06:04 AM
Think i will give this a whirl myself, thanks for the link reallydedpoet.

Jan Kyster
01-20-11, 07:06 AM
...recovering lost data.Urgh... hate to ask, but why on earth not use a couple of DVDs?
They are really almost for free and one can just hold a complete SH4 install. 3-4 discs and all your downloads and installs are safe.

And ready for a quick re-install...

Now it's off my chest - carry on! :D

cgkstealth
01-20-11, 04:25 PM
Urgh... hate to ask, but why on earth not use a couple of DVDs?
They are really almost for free and one can just hold a complete SH4 install. 3-4 discs and all your downloads and installs are safe.

And ready for a quick re-install...

Now it's off my chest - carry on! :D

I had thought about it, but my system being only about 8 months old I wasn't figuring on my HD going bad.
If something can go wrong it will. Lucky me. :shifty:
Anyways, this time I'm upgrading to a better harddrive AND getting a external backup drive, along with going from Vista to Windows 7. Luckily I had copies saved of my bigger mods (TMO and RSRDC) on my flashdrive (I downloaded them to it) so I don't have to get those again. It is just the smaller ones that I didn't have copies of. :nope:

All things considered, its not that bad. I have installation CD's of all of my games/programs, and had copies of most of my documents on my flashdrive too, it's just the pain of putting it all back on like I had it. :damn:

ReallyDedPoet
01-20-11, 06:06 PM
Your welcome Moonlight & cgkstealth :up: