PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of long, boring patrols :D

commandosolo2009
01-12-11, 11:54 PM
Hey simmers,

I had a long, boring, 31000 GRT patrol :arrgh!:, that the crew and I decided we should do something about it. So, on our way to Pearl, we decided to celebrate..:timeout::|\\ So, I order one of the crew to take a raft and get ashore to tape the festivities :D

WATCH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jmp1EZMpgU)

One thing though. The idea of celebration should not be publicly announced on board.

But, hey, if it breaks the routine, we can do it all over, ya? :salute:

BTW, premiere is a cool editor. I wonder what to do further with the camera shake ;)

WernherVonTrapp
01-14-11, 06:52 PM
Well, I liked the music. The theme to The Great Escape". BTW, when I get bored on patrol, I go and raid harbors.:yep:

Armistead
01-14-11, 07:04 PM
I never get bored..:D, but I still have several radio mods I play why attacking..nothing like Boogie Woogie Bugle boy playing why taking on a TF.

commandosolo2009
01-15-11, 03:37 AM
I never get bored..:D, but I still have several radio mods I play why attacking..nothing like Boogie Woogie Bugle boy playing why taking on a TF.

Well, my crew just about did it, and for that I gave them a lesson. It was my Helmsman. He fell asleep on his shift, partly my fault since I forgot to relieve the battlestations close to pearl. I guess you get what you paid for..:DL

Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy may get you killed :D

Well, I liked the music. The theme to The Great Escape". BTW, when I get bored on patrol, I go and raid harbors.:yep:

I gotta tell you, the feeling is mutual, I dont like how I posted the menus, wouldve been real too, and yeah, the music is great. Really atmospheric.

I'm doing a movie for the 3 months tour I'm about to embark on. I need you guys to tell me your thoughts on the plan

here is the link

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1574182#post1574182

appreciate the input fellas!

Sailor Steve
01-15-11, 10:30 AM
I guess I'm the odd man out.

1. The first thing I do any time I reinstall and Silent Hunter is to delete the entire Music folder, except for the Intro loop. I want it to feel real for me, not like I'm in a movie.

2. The very first thing that happens when a ship is sighted is the record player and radio are turned off. Kill that noise! :stare:

Armistead
01-15-11, 11:30 AM
The only time I kill the radio or gram is when I'm under attack. Course the radio shuts off when dived. Nothing like listening to Tokyo Rose to get the boys riled up. Myself I prefer George and Gracie show...Fred did a great job with all the real radio stations, I think I have half a drive filled with them. Love all the old radio shows, Superman, Lone Ranger, The Shadow....

Sailor Steve
01-15-11, 12:38 PM
We used to have a station here in Salt Lake that played old radio shows. I loved things like 'The Bickersons' and the original 'Gunsmoke' with William Conrad. Great stuff.

I'm still stuck in my u-boat phase, but I have all those shows in my drive, waiting for me to get to 1942.

razark
01-15-11, 02:01 PM
We used to have a station here in Salt Lake that played old radio shows. I loved things like 'The Bickersons' and the original 'Gunsmoke' with William Conrad. Great stuff.
When I was younger, there was an AM station here in Houston that would play old shows on Sunday nights. They'd start with a comedy, then a western, and finish off with a horror/mystery. They'd rotate through several different shows of each type. On Halloween every year, they'd run a block of horror/mystery shows, and play the "War of the Worlds" broadcast. After I went away to college and moved back, they had stopped playing them.

Once SH4 came out and I saw the radio mods being released, I discovered that a lot of those old shows were available on the internet. My hard drive and mp3 players are now filled with a bunch of them. I just can't listen to them while playing the game. A half hour radio show and time compression just don't work well together in my opinion.

Armistead
01-15-11, 02:42 PM

I'm still stuck in my u-boat phase, but I have all those shows in my drive, waiting for me to get to 1942.

I'm sure you remember listening to all those old shows when you were a kid..:haha:

Heck, I can remember some of them still on the radio in the late 60's as a kid.

commandosolo2009
01-16-11, 03:29 PM
I guess I'm the odd man out.

1. The first thing I do any time I reinstall and Silent Hunter is to delete the entire Music folder, except for the Intro loop. I want it to feel real for me, not like I'm in a movie.

2. The very first thing that happens when a ship is sighted is the record player and radio are turned off. Kill that noise! :stare:

Well, maybe, its time to play like Das Boot - Konvoi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfPSZECLl3s) when I hear a schiffe on ze hydrofoon, gives me a hard-on ze idea that ze schiffe is about to get a keel schott, ya?

The only time I kill the radio or gram is when I'm under attack. Course the radio shuts off when dived. Nothing like listening to Tokyo Rose to get the boys riled up. Myself I prefer George and Gracie show...Fred did a great job with all the real radio stations, I think I have half a drive filled with them. Love all the old radio shows, Superman, Lone Ranger, The Shadow....

Amen to all these. +1:yeah:

When I was younger, there was an AM station here in Houston that would play old shows on Sunday nights. They'd start with a comedy, then a western, and finish off with a horror/mystery. They'd rotate through several different shows of each type. On Halloween every year, they'd run a block of horror/mystery shows, and play the "War of the Worlds" broadcast. After I went away to college and moved back, they had stopped playing them.

Once SH4 came out and I saw the radio mods being released, I discovered that a lot of those old shows were available on the internet. My hard drive and mp3 players are now filled with a bunch of them. I just can't listen to them while playing the game. A half hour radio show and time compression just don't work well together in my opinion.

Well, Raz, I gotta tell ya, SH4 is here dude, put them all in the gramo/radio folder and boot these good old days back up! :|\\