PDA

View Full Version : A mod for torpedo calculations?

Bloomstomb
01-02-11, 01:01 PM
Hey guys. Hows it going ?

I decided Im going to do a campaign. But I really do not want to do any manual calculations. I am using omegu v300 omv705to v720,omv720 patch 4,ops monsun 705,rsrdc sh15 v550(etc.))

I also dont want to select automatic torpedoes because the guy calculates everything instantaneously and accurately and always hits the same spots.

Is there any mod out there that accurately simulates a real weps officer? One that presumably be better with experience, morale etc.? If not Id be happy with any semblance of realism on automated calculations.

Thanks in advance guys.

Bloomstomb
01-03-11, 12:52 PM
Hey guys. I guess the answer is negative on the mod. Understandable.

Oh well. Ill try it with the default automated weapons officer first and see how bad that is.

Thanks for viewing .

commandosolo2009
01-03-11, 02:34 PM
Hey guys. Hows it going ?

I decided Im going to do a campaign. But I really do not want to do any manual calculations. I am using omegu v300 omv705to v720,omv720 patch 4,ops monsun 705,rsrdc sh15 v550(etc.))

I also dont want to select automatic torpedoes because the guy calculates everything instantaneously and accurately and always hits the same spots.

Is there any mod out there that accurately simulates a real weps officer? One that presumably be better with experience, morale etc.? If not Id be happy with any semblance of realism on automated calculations.

Thanks in advance guys.

I dont think the question of mods cuts it, since obviously, you wanna use the WO but pissed that he's shooting at the same position. Which is easy to fix. For tube 1 set salvo to say X Right, then for tube 2, salvo X 2 Right, then tube 3 salvo X3 Right, finall tube 4 salvo X1 Left. This way, you achieve a fan shot, and guarantee a different position per eel. Just, dont disengage lock will you? If you're using manual targetting, I suggest double clicking the red send range to tdc knob on the upper right corner dials. Then, you either leave it where it is and do the salvo method, or change to a different part of the target, say stacks/ bridge? and again double klick the range. (only salvo set to zero if you feel me.)

Hey guys. I guess the answer is negative on the mod. Understandable.

Oh well. Ill try it with the default automated weapons officer first and see how bad that is.

Thanks for viewing .

Bloomstomb
01-05-11, 06:09 PM
Its not just that it hits the same place, but thanks for those ideas.

Mainly its the speed at which the guy calculates a solution. I mean, I could probably take out half a convoy and be off where as before there was the calculation time.

You guys know what i mean?