PDA

View Full Version : Hogan and crew dismisal

Telemon
12-24-10, 01:23 PM
Greetings,

I've not long moved from SH3 to IV (testing the water) and have TMO mod installed. I have started a new career and two things puzzle me.

Crew management; What is Hogan's alley and what do crew placed there contribute to the well being of my sub.

I want to 'dismis' some of my crew and 'enlist' some experienced men fron the personnel shown as available on the left of the management screen but but the how eludes me. There seems to be no 'dismist/enlist' method similar to that found in SH3. I've tried draging and dropping and random key strokes without sucess.

Some guidance please.

On my first career, quickly ended, I noted that TC did not return to 'normal x1' when I was sighted and subsequently atacked and sunk. Dead within seconds!

TC for various conditions could be set in SH3 is this posible in SH4?

razark
12-24-10, 02:15 PM
Crew management; What is Hogan's alley and what do crew placed there contribute to the well being of my sub.
Hogan's Alley was the nickname of the after battery berthing compartment. It exists in TMO so you can move the deck gun crew into it. Due to a game bug, the deck gun crew is always at their posts, so if a depth charge damages you deck gun, the crew gets injured. Move them to the Hogan's Alley slots to avoid this.

I want to 'dismis' some of my crew and 'enlist' some experienced men fron the personnel shown as available on the left of the management screen but but the how eludes me. There seems to be no 'dismist/enlist' method similar to that found in SH3. I've tried draging and dropping and random key strokes without sucess.
To remove crew members, drag them to the list of available crew. That should remove them from the boat. Adding is the same. Drag the person you want from the list to an open slot on the boat. There are limits on how man officers/senior enlisted you can have.

On my first career, quickly ended, I noted that TC did not return to 'normal x1' when I was sighted and subsequently atacked and sunk. Dead within seconds!

TC for various conditions could be set in SH3 is this posible in SH4?
I've never really had a problem with TC not dropping. I believe it is possible to change the settings for TC for different conditions, but I don't know which file you would need to edit.

Telemon
12-24-10, 02:26 PM
Thanks razark for the reply.

Seasonal greetings, a fair wind and snug harbour to you and your 'crew'

Armistead
12-24-10, 04:47 PM
In regards to TC. One thing to remember is your PC has to read each contact, then it comes to you and continues reading each contact. The danger of TC is you may try to be slowing it down as it's reading the contacts, but you're still moving, so by the time it comes to you, you may be dead.

The best thing to do is the moment you get pc lag, the give away that ships are in your contact zone is to stop TC in one step by going to one of the sub stations, I use F2, so I go to the control room. If you try to slow TC down a step at a time, say going from 3000, 2500, 2000, you're still going forward and by the time your PC gets to your turn reading contacts your dead, so do it in one step by choosing a compartment to go to.

A lot depends on your system, the better it is, the faster it reads and the quicker it reacts. I know when I first started playing I got killed a lot beating on the minus TC button trying to get it to slow down in stages.

Jan Kyster
12-24-10, 06:58 PM
...it is possible to change the settings for TC for different conditions, but I don't know which file you would need to edit.Documents\SH4\data\cfg\main.cfg in section [Time Compression] :salute:

In TMO backspace is used to set TC to 1, in stock it pauses TC.

Telemon
12-26-10, 02:15 PM
Thanks every one for the replies. All read with much interest.

Dogfish40
12-27-10, 12:05 PM
In regards to TC. One thing to remember is your PC has to read each contact, then it comes to you and continues reading each contact. The danger of TC is you may try to be slowing it down as it's reading the contacts, but you're still moving, so by the time it comes to you, you may be dead.

The best thing to do is the moment you get pc lag, the give away that ships are in your contact zone is to stop TC in one step by going to one of the sub stations, I use F2, so I go to the control room. If you try to slow TC down a step at a time, say going from 3000, 2500, 2000, you're still going forward and by the time your PC gets to your turn reading contacts your dead, so do it in one step by choosing a compartment to go to.

A lot depends on your system, the better it is, the faster it reads and the quicker it reacts. I know when I first started playing I got killed a lot beating on the minus TC button trying to get it to slow down in stages.

Since I plan on going to TMO soon I was wondering,...can you set the TC to stop or go back to one as soon as it hits on a contact? You guys showed me how to do this in stock. So I've set TC to virtually come back to one instantly on hitting on any contact possible. Enemy, unknown ship, even radio reports (just in case I'm heading toward a task force which I may contact in TC). I hope you can set this in TMO.
Thanks
D40:salute:

Jan Kyster
12-27-10, 06:56 PM
See post #5 please... :D

If you set TC to 0 for every contact, I'll bet you very soon will change it to 1 (or more)! :rotfl2:

Anyway, here's the complete TC list from main.cfg (note, you'll look in your documents folder for this!):

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=4
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=128
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=8
Particles=8
PrayState=8
HunterState=32
3DRender=32
Maximum=8192

WernherVonTrapp
12-27-10, 09:54 PM
Since I plan on going to TMO soon I was wondering,...can you set the TC to stop or go back to one as soon as it hits on a contact? You guys showed me how to do this in stock. So I've set TC to virtually come back to one instantly on hitting on any contact possible. Enemy, unknown ship, even radio reports (just in case I'm heading toward a task force which I may contact in TC). I hope you can set this in TMO.
Thanks
D40:salute:I haven't had any problems with TC not returning to 1 upon a contact and I'm playing TMO 2.0/RSRDC. When experiencing PC lag at high TC, from the map room, I simply click on the red clipboard icon on the lower right. This brings up the Save Game menu and instantly resets TC to 1. Then, I just click on "Resume" and I'm back in business w/o ever taking my eyes off the map.