PDA

View Full Version : TMO 2.0 Vast Amount of Ships Sunk at Truk

Soundman
12-21-10, 07:18 PM
Well, I'm on my second patrol using TMO 2.0. I'm assigned to an area west of Truk and once ariving on station (and after reporting to base) was told I had free reign, ordered to find shipping at my discretion and sink it. From previous experience I know there is almost always some action around Truk, so that's where I set course.

I have a very good computer rig and average about 60-62 FPS with max settings. Shortly after arriving in the Truk area my FPS drop to around 18-24 FPS, so I already suspect something is screwy. First time I proceeded inward resulted in a CTD, so now I really know something is screwy. Loaded it back up and made sure not to use any Time Compression this time around. After a little while the FPS eased back up near normal. FOR A SHORT WHILE.....

Finally a contact showed up on radar and then another. I've seen frames rates on my old puter bog down a bit nearby a port or perhaps a very large convoy, but not with this new computer, so I get very curious and can't resist using the exterior view and flying in further to see what may be causing this issue.

I wound up finding something that you would imagine in a Sci-Fi movie or something... there must have been 30-35 ships sunk with their bow or stern still sticking out of the water and they were all nested tightly together. Very strange looking. AND.. I found a couple other groups like this in addition, so there must have been literally well over 100 of them in total. Heck, there may have been more groups yet undiscovered. I ended up abandoning my idea of a trip to Truk. I would have loved to get a screen shot for you guys, but it was early in the morning and the lighting was poor, so I just moved on.

Anyone else sen this phenom? :hmmm:

Takao
12-21-10, 07:45 PM
Known bug that's been fixed.

It's be mentioned a few threads ago, the one entitled "Truk (Stay away from in TMO 2.0)" http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=177735

fixed, as per http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1478813&postcount=2676

Soundman
12-21-10, 08:16 PM
Aha.....Thanks for the info. I've heard about the beta patch, but never found it. BTW, I'm very pre 1943, so that's not a factor.

Odd, the pictures in that thread show all the ships yet afloat, not in my case.

MODERATOR: Sorry I missed the earlier post on this issue, please feel free to delete this thread.

Jan Kyster
12-21-10, 08:29 PM
I wonder if that CTD wouldn't be cured with the 3GB patch?
It most certainly very well could be an out-of-memory situation?! :hmmm:

Soundman
12-21-10, 09:50 PM
I wonder if that CTD wouldn't be cured with the 3GB patch?
It most certainly very well could be an out-of-memory situation?! :hmmm:

Normally I may wonder with you, but from my understanding, this (the inability to access ram) has been corrected with Windows7? I'm running 6 gigs currently.

I'm temped to finish this patrol as is.... put the patch in and head back to Truk and see if those ships are still sitting there. It really was bizarre. As stated earlier, looked like a Sci-Fi episode on the "Twilight Zone" during WWII within the the Bermuda Triangle or something!