PDA

View Full Version : N00b help

Renesisfury82
12-15-10, 10:25 PM
Hi all, just got the game and looking to try and get some mods going. I would like to run JSGME and Real Fleet Boat and maybe Run Silent Run Deep, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get RFB running. I installed the JSGME and it shows RFB, but none of the shortcuts work ingame. I checked the file structure and I don't have the additional layer, its just MODS/data

Any ideas?

Gerald
12-15-10, 10:38 PM
:salute:

razark
12-15-10, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard!

I checked the file structure and I don't have the additional layer, its just MODS/data
Do you have SH4\Mods\Data or SH4\MODS\RFB\Data?

Renesisfury82
12-16-10, 07:44 AM
Welcome aboard!

Do you have SH4\Mods\Data or SH4\MODS\RFB\Data?

Ahh. That was what I was doing wrong! Any other good recommendations? Can I run RFB with anything else?

WernherVonTrapp
12-16-10, 03:13 PM
Ahh. That was what I was doing wrong! Any other good recommendations? Can I run RFB with anything else?There is a version of RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign) that will work with RFB. You'll find it in the download section.

Renesisfury82
12-16-10, 09:50 PM
There is a version of RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign) that will work with RFB. You'll find it in the download section.
I have found several versions of RSRDC in the downloads section, but for the life of me I can't figure out which one to use with RFB 1.4 and SH 1.4. It doesn't help that all the links to the release threads give me errors when trying to open them.

Help?

I'm goin' down
12-16-10, 09:55 PM
are you running SH4 v1.5 (i.e. the U Boat Missions)? That is th most current version. Answer this, and someone might be able to rescue you.

Renesisfury82
12-16-10, 10:55 PM
are you running SH4 v1.5 (i.e. the U Boat Missions)? That is th most current version. Answer this, and someone might be able to rescue you.
Oh shoot, I am running SH 1.4

razark
12-16-10, 11:19 PM
Oh shoot, I am running SH 1.4
I recommend getting 1.5. Most of the major mods are made to use that version, and it includes updates that improve the game. It's well worth the investment.

I'm goin' down
12-17-10, 12:11 AM
You can buy it for less than 10 bucks. Check out Amazon. Finding mods compatible with the 1.4 version is not a good way to start, as most of the captains have updated, plus the mods nowadays are updated too.