PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to get a sub with surface radar

taukarrie
12-06-10, 06:07 AM
i started the game with a tambor, then it was replaced with a porpoise after nearly getting sunk. now ive been given a gato. i started my career in 1941 so surface radar wasnt even available when i had the tambor and the porpoise. but now that ive got the gato there is SJ surface radar and SJ-1 surface radar available for upgrades.

sadly though, when i try to grab either one it says the upgrade pack cant be used on my sub :(

is there other radar packages available in teh future? i was sure the gato had surface radar in my old sub school missions

tomoose
12-06-10, 10:11 AM
....I'd posted a similar problem a while back but now I can't find the thread, LOL.

Anyway, my problem was that I actually HAD the surface search radar then when I came back to port and was offered a new sub it didn't have the radar and I couldn't 'buy' it even with enough renknown!!! Extremely annoying. IIRC one of the responders said you could go into one of the config files and "force" the issue but I'm not sure.

Essentially I've given up upgrading to a new sub as I prefer to keep the radar etc I've earned.

:salute:

Alky
12-06-10, 11:09 AM
sadly though, when i try to grab either one it says the upgrade pack cant be used on my sub :(
It will say that when you don't have enough renown. Hold your mouse over the upgrade to see it's info and you'll see how much each item needs. You can go out & sink a few ships or if you're still in port, you can edit the CareerTrack.upc in a couple of places in the C:\.......\Documents\SH4\data\cfg\ folders to whatever amount you like. :)

taukarrie
12-06-10, 04:52 PM
the radar upgrade costs 500 renown and ive got over 3000. i can understand if some models cant mount radar but i know the gato can. something is wrong here.

and i wouldnt know how to modify a upc file.

taukarrie
12-06-10, 05:06 PM
just did a reload and if i choose not to take the gato replacement after docking and keep my porpoise im allowed to mount either radar suite on the porpoise.