PDA

View Full Version : BB North Carolina

I'm goin' down
12-03-10, 05:01 PM
I activated a BB North Carolina, career playable, and took on the Battle of Balakian (spell?) single mission. This the one where you sink some merchants moored near the harbor, and then have to find and sink the Naka (Naga?) cruiser flagship. I put on the external cam, and watched the NC plow through all ships, I mean every merchant, patrol boat, dd, etc. -- about 17 of them (over 75 tons.) Then I found and sunk the Naka at long range. The NC came away from the excursion with three crew wounded and 20 percent hull damage. I took off looking for more and sunk three more freighters in the open ocean. The ship is unstoppable! If the mission had a home port, I wonder what kind of medal would have been awarded?

Next time I am going to try and find a TF, and hunt some Japanese BBs. I would like to let the NC loose in Truk lagoon when at capacity.

Armistead
12-03-10, 05:12 PM
Sure the damage model is different, but when I played Uboat the NC went up with the largest explosion I've seen in game with one torp and doe's it everytime. I even saved and sunk it with a fleetboat, one torp and sinks like a brick...

Thrair
12-03-10, 10:10 PM
Honestly, I don't think the game was meant to deal with such a durable vessel being under player control. This leads to unrealistic results.

Such as wading into multiple task forces with several battleships of their own, and sinking the whole lot without much more than cosmetic damage.

With that said, this mod is still very fun for messing around, and you feel a definite sense of power when you order the guns to open fire.