PDA

View Full Version : Just venting a bit of steam!

Kptlt. Neuerburg
11-26-10, 01:14 AM
I've had the best and worst luck in my TMO 2.0 campaign but this one takes the cake! I was ordered to patrol the Bismark Sea and the a S&D mission in the Caroline Islands so I went to the IJN achorage of Truk and lo and behold the Yamato happens to be at Truk with another battleship, an aircraft carrier and a mix of heavy and light cruisers. First thought that enters my mind is SINK THE YAMATO!!! I move in on the surface until I reach a deep depth area to the south. Four DD's are looking around in the spot where I dove leaving me free to attack the Yamato without having to worry about the DD's. So I get into attack position and fire all six forward torpedoes at the the Yamato, three a little above keel depth and the other three set to about 15ft. So I begin to reload to tubes and the next thing I know the power goes dead!!!! I try it again the following day, I manage to get to the deep spot and then the power goes dead!! And third times the charm so I try again today and the Yamato isn't there!!:damn::damn::damn: and one more :damn:.

WernherVonTrapp
11-26-10, 05:24 AM
Yup, I suffered a few of those this past summer, during severe thunder storms. I'd get into a prime ambush position on a convoy or TF and, Pooooof! It's lights out and the black screen of frustration appears. Sometimes it's unavoidable but now, I always save and shut down during any approaching storms. Still a major source of frustration when it's out of nowhere though.

Bubblehead1980
11-26-10, 05:35 AM
its a cheat but go to external view scope/tbt view or even bridge view and hit Cntrl+N and itll change the weather.

ReFaN
11-26-10, 06:13 AM
its a cheat but go to external view scope/tbt view or even bridge view and hit Cntrl+N and itll change the weather.

if only that works in real life, wich im 90% sure they are talking about ;)