PDA

View Full Version : Can't save realism settings using TMO 2

MattM1121
11-23-10, 05:59 PM
Greetings,

I have a multiple SH4 install set up on my laptop. I have the base install 1.5, TMO 2 + RSRD_TMO, and RFB 2 + RSRD_RFB.

In TMO I can set and save realism settings when in the main menu. My settings have a result of 75. I make sure "No External View" is NOT selected.

At this point I return to the main menu and back into realism setting to ensure they are in place. So far so good.

I start a new Pacific campaign, input my name, and select Jan 5th, 1944. At this point I'm in the command office. I click on the map to begin a new mission. I select "Proceed" and it puts me in the boat.

When on the sub I try and select an external view, but nothing happens.

I quit back to the main menu and select Realism settings, and now the settings are at 85 with "No External View" selected.

This happens every time. Very odd behavior. Any idea why this happens?

I tried RFB 2.0 and this issue doesn't exist.

Thanks for any help.

-Matt

razark
11-23-10, 07:35 PM
After you start the campaign, reset the realism settings in the office. The radio to the left on the shelf.

MattM1121
11-23-10, 09:31 PM
Very good! You, sir, are what they call "da man".

Thanks so much.

-Matt

Ducimus
11-23-10, 10:27 PM
Whenever you start a new career game, it resets the realism options to whatever difficulty level you have selected at the time you create the new career game. As i recall, TMO's "normal" difficulty will have external camera's off by default.

As mentioned ( once you have created your new career), just change the realism options to whatever you want them to be via the office radio.

razark
11-23-10, 10:50 PM
Ah. So that's why it does that. I never understood why it happened, just that it did.

Very good! You, sir, are what they call "da man".
No, the other reply was from "da man". :D