PDA

View Full Version : Need A Little Help W/TMO Mission

WernherVonTrapp
11-23-10, 04:37 PM
I'm playing TMO 2.0 (Beta Update)/RSRDC and have been given the following mission straight out of Home Base at Brisbane:
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/subchaser/choiseul1-1.jpg

My problem is that I have tried (in vain) to drop off this Coastwatcher Team at the points marked in RED on Choiseul. I even tried to deploy this team on the island where the Star is located. You'll notice that my orders deploy me to Choiseul but the star (usually used for patrol assignments) is not at that island:
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/subchaser/choiseul2.jpg

My question is: Do I have to stand-by (I'm assuming) and wait for further orders or orders to make the drop? Once I reached my destination, nothing further happened and no deployment menus appeared.

cdrsubron7
11-23-10, 10:18 PM
Greetings Buddy.

I just finished this same mission last week, the idea is to patrol around the first star with the binoculars and when that is done you will receive orders to drop off your coastwatchers.

Good Luck. :up: :D

Ducimus
11-23-10, 10:23 PM
That's a RSRD mission! :O:

WernherVonTrapp
11-23-10, 10:46 PM
Ah, OK, thanks for the scoop gentlemen.:salute:
BTW, I received no patrol radius. Pointers?

ShadowWolf Kell
11-25-10, 02:46 PM
Yes this is a RSRD mission (you picked the RSRD "special taskforce" in Brisbane looks like), but TMO has some like this too. Basically that flotilla you're in will offer a special assignment every other mission iirc. I've never played them, but I do remember that mentioned in the documentation files Lurker provides.

I had something similar where I had to drop off a relief squad near Formosa with TMO 2.0 and no RSRD installed. They won't disembark until you're close enough *and* you stop your engines. Then you'll get a pop-up box similar to when you enter a port.

I'm goin' down
11-25-10, 05:02 PM
re the above mission: on 10/22 you are ordered to the Bismark Sea.

WernherVonTrapp
11-26-10, 04:36 AM
Weird. A new issue has suddenly arisen during this same mission. I'm not supposed to engage and, in fact, am supposed to avoid contact with any/all IJN units until I make my drop off. I'm still patrolling within 50nm of the star icon and about 48hrs has passed since I first entered the zone (exactly 14:22 hrs, Nov. 6, 1942). I'm at 156°25'E by 7°19'S. I've encountered the Tokyo Express (about 7 DDs) heading SW and about to pass (according to my estimates) within 4500yds from port bow to starboard bow.
Here's where I'm encountering the issue. The game will not let me dive to any specific depth. That is, no matter what depth setting I choose, the sub continues diving well past the crush depth. The only settings it will accept is surface or periscope depth. Basically, I have to keep adjusting the depth settings between periscope depth and any deeper depth to maintain a hovering position between 200 and 240'. It won't let me level off and I have no damage whatsoever (haven't engaged with or been engaged by any IJN units). Nothing is out of the ordinary except my inability to maintain any depth level. What the heck is going on?:damn:

UPDATE:
Weirder still. I went tp periscope depth to sneak a peek at the (8) DD that were passing at over (7000yds) after they changed course. Just as I was able to view them, the lead DD was about 20° off my starboard bow. Once the TF began moving away, my ability to level off my depth setting returned, immediately. (It seems) that when the TF was approaching, I was unable to maintain any depth setting and, once they were moving away, the depth settings returned to normal.:o
I know, it must be the Ghost In The Machine.:D

WernherVonTrapp
11-26-10, 06:50 AM
They won't disembark until you're close enough *and* you stop your engines. Then you'll get a pop-up box similar to when you enter a port.Well how close do I have to be? I always stop my engines and have been stopped and within 1700yds on several occasions with no luck. It's been 4 days now and I still can't make the drop.:shifty:

UPDATE: This Mission is FUBAR. I've been within 40nm of the star for 4 days and have tried making numerous drops while completely stopped and within 550 yds of shore. I'm going to have to disregard this one and continue on.:cry: