PDA

View Full Version : SH4 UBM - position keeper missing in periscope and radar problem

motorkar123
11-12-10, 07:53 AM
Hi captains,

First of all I am sorry if my problems were discussed here before. I tried to search the forum, but didnīt find anything.

1. I have SH 4 U-Boot Missions and in some classes of subs I donīt have position keeper and torpedo settings in periscope. Instead of it I have useless periscope height meter. So if I want for example set the torepdo depth I have to go to the attack map where is everything available. This happens in newer subs like Balao. I have tried unmode my game, but the problem is still there.

2. My Sj radar (surface search) doesnīt detect any ships. I tried to go very close to the ship (a think 1 km) and it doesnīt work.

I tried it with mods and without mods. My mods: TMO 2.0, TMO 2.0 Beta update, IJN Rad Fix for TMO2 beta update, SCAF for TMO 2, TMO Metric SpeedChart Nomo, Websterīs Real Lifeboats for v1.5, Poul sound for SH4, TMO Sample Emblem.

Thank you in advance

subskipper53
11-12-10, 12:11 PM
I believe your position keeper problem is not a problem at all. :haha:

It's not in your periscope view because the P/K is on the TDC, which, from your attack scope in the conning tower, is right beside you. And so, in-game, you have to switch stations to simulate the crewman working the TDC and the captain (yourself), who is giving the target data to the TDC operator. It's to simulate the real-life operations of a U-boat.

As for your radar, maybe incompatible mods. Or maybe it just isn't turned on, or the range setting is wrong.

motorkar123
11-13-10, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the answer. The P/K and mainly TORPEDO SETTIGS (depth, speed, spread etc.) are both in periscope on the early war submarines, so I donīt understand why they arenīt in modern subs. OK, maybe it is bug, or maybe it is right, but it is still annoying for me. I thing it can be done in .../Data/Menu/CFG/dials.cfg.:06: I tried to change some settings in there, but it has no effect.

And for the radar. It is not caused by mod, because I have tried it in stock game and the problem is still there. Offcourse my radar is turned on and range setting is OK. :DL I am in Silent Hunter since first came out :|\\ I can only use Hydrophone to locating ships :nope:

Diopos
11-13-10, 08:09 AM
Radar (surface detection) comes later on. You have the "station" but not the radar.

motorkar123
11-13-10, 08:37 AM
Radar (surface detection) comes later on. You have the "station" but not the radar.

I know that. In the late Balao which I am using should be the radar functional.

razark
11-13-10, 03:36 PM
I know that. In the late Balao which I am using should be the radar functional.
Just to make sure, did you add the radar in port? I don't remember if it's equipped by default.

motorkar123
11-14-10, 10:52 AM
Just to make sure, did you add the radar in port? I don't remember if it's equipped by default.

Well, it is in my custom mission, so I am starting already on the sea. But maybe it is a problem. I will try and let you know. Nevertheless, the radar can be turned on, so I think it is installed on board.

motorkar123
11-14-10, 11:01 AM
For those, who wants some upgrade in periscope (some torpedo settings and so on), just check this: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//showthread.php?t=136154&page=3

motorkar123
11-14-10, 12:11 PM
Radar is functional when I am not in my custom missions, so it works correctly in campaign, war patrol and single missions from original game.