PDA

View Full Version : You can play as boats?

karmagettie
11-01-10, 09:57 PM
I noticed people saying you can play as a CA and/or BB?

Please understand, this is my first time on the forums. But i am really interested

subskipper53
11-02-10, 01:09 AM
Yes, you can. There are several mods you can find in the downloads section and through google. :up:

WernherVonTrapp
11-02-10, 08:08 AM
Yes, if you go to the Downloads section/Silent Hunter 4/Gameplay mods and just scroll through the pages, you'll see everything from Russian Typhoon Class subs to PT Boats. Welcome abroad.:D

I'm goin' down
11-02-10, 03:28 PM
I loaded a Montana BB via JGSME. No workee. Same old sub. No BB.

ETR3(SS)
11-02-10, 07:00 PM
I loaded a Montana BB via JGSME. No workee. Same old sub. No BB.You should check out this thread then.:up: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=176665

I'm goin' down
11-02-10, 09:35 PM
you referred me to a thread i started. I cannot load BBs via JGSME. Also, the yamato links are no good.

karmagettie
11-03-10, 01:28 AM
Yes, if you go to the Downloads section/Silent Hunter 4/Gameplay mods and just scroll through the pages, you'll see everything from Russian Typhoon Class subs to PT Boats. Welcome abroad.:D

after i download, how do i add it?

WernherVonTrapp
11-03-10, 06:09 AM
after i download, how do i add it?I've never played any of the surface ships, so I don't know. I'm sure there is a "Read Me" file accompanying each that would explain it. Also, most of the download pages contain a link to the forum thread associated with their particular downloads. I'm sure you could find installation instructions there. In many cases, you probably just install them using JSGME but you still should check each "Read Me" file to be sure.