PDA

View Full Version : JSGME Questions

Dogfish40
10-29-10, 11:06 AM
Ahoy again.
I have several questions that have probably been answered numerous times before however, I can't seem to get them correct...so, here goes.
1. Does the JSGME exe file that I am using for SH4 have to go IN the SH4 program file? If so, Exactly where?
2. Does the MODS file I am using for the game have to go in the SH4 program file?

This is what I have so far. The JSGME exe file defaulted to my D/ drive downloads file. The JSGME shortcut found and enabled the MODS, however, at the time, the MODS file was in the D drive downloads file and did not work.
So I guess, in a nutshell, I am asking if the JSGME exe file ANS the MODS file BOTH have to be in the SH4 program file!? Is this correct?
Thanks for any help. Here is some more info;
Windows Vista, plenty of power, the game runs quite well.
MODS I am trying to enable; Captain midnights radio, EAX sound.
Just those two so far but I need to get this rolling so I can get some of the Bigger mods when I need them :salute:

Sailor Steve
10-29-10, 11:10 AM
The JSGME file goes in the SH4 root folder - the same one that holds the Data folder and all the other stuff. It should make its own MODS folder, but if it doesn't you can make one in the same root folder, and it will work fine.

Dogfish40
10-29-10, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the reply, While I was fiddling with things I deleted the old exe.
then opened the new exe in the root folder. It didn't create a mods folder so I did just that and reinitialized the three sound mods. I can't test them while I'm here at work but I will be home in a few minutes and just can't wait to see if everything works.
Thanks again for the reply as I'm now sure I did the right thing.
Good Hunting.:salute:
I'll reply again with the results

irish1958
10-29-10, 04:28 PM
Welcome aboard.
You should check out the thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173324

Dogfish40
10-29-10, 04:54 PM
Yeah Their still not working. I checked on that thread and I will try starting a new patrol (or carreer) this one is going good. Maybe it's not working because of the save file:hmmm:
Thanks

WarlordATF
10-29-10, 10:12 PM
If you can't get JSGME working its not really needed, BUT if you decide you want to remove the mods you could have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

What i did was create a fresh install, then make a copy of it to a new folder under another name. Then i just drop the mods into the correct folder and allow it to overwrite the stock files in the fresh install.

If i don't like the mod then i grab the files the mod overwrote from the renamed stock version and put them back into my install.

Its more complicated, but its the way i have modded many games over the years and old habits die hard. I have nothing against JSGME, Its a great program but I have always done things a little different. :doh: :rotfl2:

Dogfish40
10-31-10, 09:23 AM
Well, after I deleted everything and punted, I created a new JSGME exe and ,once again, it did not create the mods folder so I did. Everything was in the root folder and I finally heard the Captain Midnights radio.
I lost the sound that the my ship makes at 180 degrees Hydrophone so I figured that two of the sound mods didn't like each other. I disabled EAS WITH Websters (since I had enabled Webster's missing sound files) and enabled EAS WITHOUT Webster's and the "My ship at 180 on the Hydrophone" sound is now back. So things seem to be at least working to a degree.
Thanks for all the input:salute:
Good hunting

Dogfish40
11-01-10, 09:26 AM
Well, Everything seems to be great with one exception. I found the few sound MODS that seem to have no problems but now I cannot hear other ships with the Hydrophone. That is, the AI has no problem with the Hydrophone, and I can hear my boat at 180degrees. Alas, I cannot hear other ships with the hydrophone.
Again, I'm playing SH4 stock 1.4 right now and having a good time improving my skills. One of the things I love to use is the Hydrophone.
These are the Mods I have installed (in order):
Captain midnight's more CBS news.
EAX soundsim without Webster's Maneuver_STOCK or GFO.
Speech_fixUS_Rev2
Webster's Selected New Sounds for ver 1.4&1.5
Webster's Missing sound files.

Can anyone give me some feedback if this is the best I can do for Stock 1.4 ? Or, Is this setup skewed?
All I really want is the best sound setup available for 1.4/1.5.
Thanks Mates!
Commdr, Dogfish40
Uss Gar:salute:

irish1958
11-01-10, 09:42 AM
Hear other ships at what distance? At what depth? What is your speed?
If you can hear your own, you should be able to hear them if they are in range and the correct location.

Armistead
11-01-10, 11:09 AM
Are you saying you can't get JSGME to create a mods folder?
Somethings not being done right

Try just downloading it to a clean new folder, then run it, you should then have a capital yellow G icon that you must also run, when you run the Yellow G icon, it will create a mods folder. Try it anywhere just to see if it works, then we can get it where it needs to go. Almost sounds like once you get it DL and get the yellow G that you're not running it.

Dogfish40
11-01-10, 11:43 AM
Irish: I cannot hear any other ships besides my own. Surfaced or below. This is one of those weird things. I used to be able to hear even small ships like tugboats, surfaced or submerged. The AI is still hearing everything.

Armistead;
Yes, I have the JSGME exe in the SH4 root folder and a shortcut on my desktop. Also, Captain midnight's radio is working and I think I notice some difference in the overall sound, so I believe I've got JSGME working. Is there a differance in enabling/disabling from the desktop icon vrs the root folder exe icon?
I think I'm going to have to punt once more by disabling the mods and see if the Hydrophone comes back at all.
I DO think JSGME is working though, I'm starting to wonder if the sound mods like each other.:hmmm:
I'll let you know how it works!

Dogfish40
11-02-10, 09:23 AM
Everything OK! The Hydrophone problem turned out to be the mods not working together. For some reason one of the Websters mods was causing the problem. That is not to say that there is any particular problem with the mods themselves, it's just one of those things that happen from time to time. I tried the Poul-sounds with EAX and that worked great but I got sick of hearing those in about 30 minutes.
Everything, including JSGME is working great. The Boat's Rockin'!!
Thank you all for the Support!:up:
Good Hunting!

D40 Cmmndr- Uss Gar:salute:

irish1958
11-02-10, 06:50 PM
As Jimbuna says: "Sink 'em all"