PDA

View Full Version : captain newnes

richardnewnes
10-26-10, 06:13 PM
Can you you explain where the "white cross" on the attack map is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be directly on top of the red target ship, I always seem to get it near by only. I am using version 1.4.
Many thanks

Dignan
10-26-10, 06:39 PM
The white "X" is where your TDC will send you torpedo when you fire it. It is where the TDC "thinks" the enemy ship is. So with that in mind, you want it as close as possible to your target ship marker. I assume you have map contacts on?

If it moves at the same speed, on the same course, and right on top of the target ship marker, then your solution is good. Good luck.

richardnewnes
10-26-10, 08:37 PM
Thanks for that, I must be out with my calculations to the tdc, I will try and be more precise,. Should the "x" follow the target ship if it changes course ?

Dignan
10-26-10, 08:56 PM
No. If the ship changes course the X will continue on your original plotted TDC solution. When a target changes course you gotta start all over again.

richardnewnes
10-26-10, 08:59 PM
Ok understood. Thanks for your quick replies, At last I understand.

I'm goin' down
10-27-10, 12:48 AM
I recommend you move to 1.5. Activate the Easy Aob mod, SCAF and Max Optics mods, too. That will assist you in getting a good firing solution where the 'X" on the Attack Map coincides or is close to sitting atop the target's silouette. You can restore the silouettes with EZ Plot 1.0 if you cannot see them for some reason. SH1.5 Gold Edition is selling on Amazon for around $13.

If the line emanating from the "X" on the Attack Map is not adherig to the target's course (even if the "X" is initially centered on the target), either the target course setting using the Aob dial is incorrect or the target has changed course. If the target's course, speed and range/aspect ratio are entered correcly on the stadimeter (dial on the upper right of the periscope screen), your sub can alter its speed or course and it will not affect the firing solution because the target's course is being tracked by computer (i.e. the TD.)

Hitman's Manual Targeting at 100 Percent Realism is a tutorial which walk you through the steps of setting up a good manual targeting solution. I can be downloaded in the Popular Mods sticky by Neal Stevens which is located in the mod forum. The Easy Aob mod is a must for quick manual targeting using the TDC, as it helps set the target's course correctly.

richardnewnes
10-27-10, 03:58 AM
Thanks again, that is a really in depth explanation. I could find nothing like that in the forum answers. I have already ordered the add on pack from Amazon, "u boat missions". I will download that tutorial you recomend.