PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Newbie Questions

meter99
10-18-10, 08:25 AM
Played SH III for a little while and loved it. Then had some pc problems and never went back to it. Now have purchased SH IV along with the Uboat mod and want to dive in. Here are a couple a questions that I have tried to find answers on but no luck, sorry if they have been asked before:

1.) Keyboard commands for Uboat mod - are they the same as Stock game? If not, is there a print out that shows what the commands are?

2.) Mods - Is the stock Uboat missions game "ok" to play? Any bugs that will ruin game play or are certain mods needed?

3.) Operation Monsoon - Is this worth installing? have been trying for a couple of days to download but keep running into corrupt downloads etc..?
Thanks for your help!

Sailor Steve
10-18-10, 09:13 AM
WELCOME ABOARD! :sunny:

1.) Keyboard commands for Uboat mod - are they the same as Stock game? If not, is there a print out that shows what the commands are?
The same as stock SH4? Yes, but there is also a mod that changes them to match SH3.

2.) Mods - Is the stock Uboat missions game "ok" to play? Any bugs that will ruin game play or are certain mods needed?
UBM is "ok", but barely, and you can only play in the Pacific and Indian oceans. It involves the 'Monsun' campaign of 1943-44.

3.) Operation Monsoon - Is this worth installing? have been trying for a couple of days to download but keep running into corrupt downloads etc..?
I would call it absolutely vital, especially if you want to play a full Atlantic campaign. OM includes everything you need for a good u-boat experience. there are several add-on mods that Lurker also made, improving OM still further.

You might also want to get one of the German sound mods, as UBM is English-only.

Oh, and just below this in the main menu is the dedicated SH4 U-boats forum.

Alky
10-18-10, 10:51 AM
Here are a couple a questions that I have tried to find answers on but no luck, sorry if they have been asked before:

I would suggest that you get the SH_Keymapper program and put it in your main SH4 folder. It has a graphic interface and you can easily re-map your keyboard layout any way you like. :)