PDA

View Full Version : Something is really wrong.. Never getting a new boat??

fastfed
10-03-10, 04:47 PM
Its already the middle of 43, I went all the way to biscane port and realized I need to go to dutch harbor.. GREAT! 2 stops on the way to fill up my S boat with fuel.

I am on my 8th patrol and for the last few patrols did pretty darn good.. I finally make it ALL the way to dutch harbor and it asks me to resign on a high note. Or not and get a new boat because the Admiral was scratching his head in disbelief that I made it this far..

I say no and it says I got a new boat! YES FINALLY!!

NOPE!! its the same old Sboat..

WTF is going on here??

I am about to start an entire new career over this..

Am I supposed to say yes?

should I transfer ? And if so where?

WernherVonTrapp
10-03-10, 05:08 PM
Wait a minute! They offered you a new boat and when you accepted, it turned out to be the same boat you already have?!:timeout::damn: Sounds like something isn't right. I would start checking my installed mods and the order in which they're installed. I've never heard of that one before.:o

fastfed
10-03-10, 05:25 PM
Wait a minute! They offered you a new boat and when you accepted, it turned out to be the same boat you already have?!:timeout::damn: Sounds like something isn't right. I would start checking my installed mods and the order in which they're installed. I've never heard of that one before.:o

Wait it gets better..

So I reloaded because maybe I was supposed to hit yes?

Then I realized that bisbane port has the tilted anchor.. I SAIL ALLLL THE WAY BACK THERE at a whopping 6 knots.. Finally after 20 minutes REAL TIME, It doesn't give me the option to port, just rearm and still the only port with a tilt..

THIS IS NUTS!

WernherVonTrapp
10-03-10, 06:14 PM
Yeah, it definitely sounds like something is acting up in the files. Can you list your mods here, in the exact order that they're installed?

ETR3(SS)
10-03-10, 07:52 PM
It's possible you went from having a S-18 class to a S-42.:hmmm: There's not too much of a difference between the two.

fastfed
10-03-10, 08:56 PM
Here are my mods.. The only thing I have added to this, is the Environment mod.

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt269/fastfed/modspicture.jpg

fastfed
10-03-10, 08:56 PM
I am going to start an entire new career and start off with the Gato class boat.

It was fun with the S-class but enough is enough, lol

fastfed
10-03-10, 09:12 PM
Mods in order include

TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2
TMO_easier_AI
TMO_Alt_engineSounds
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
#1 REal Enviroment mods install
#4 Warships retextured
Lite_fog_V2+Slow_water

Those are the mods and only mods I have installed

I love everything about all of them and don't want anymore...

Hope they are not conflicting???

Armistead
10-03-10, 11:24 PM
Get rid or Real Env. TMO has env5 tweaked to work with TMO. Real Env can mess up sensors, weather, visuals, ect..Duc has combined elements of Real Env, PE4 and Env 5 for a great enviroment mod tweaked for TMO. Obvious, the lite fog mod needs to go.

Get rid of the #4 texture mod. Althought not technically a skin mod, I wouldn't trust it with TMO RSRD...Want a great skins mod load Merchant Skinpack 2 for TMO. Nice skins and they change constantly.

Get rid of the TMO easy AI...why, it's for pussses..:woot:

fastfed
10-03-10, 11:52 PM
Get rid or Real Env. TMO has env5 tweaked to work with TMO. Real Env can mess up sensors, weather, ect..Duc has combined elements of Real Env, PE4 and Env 5 for a great enviroment mod with TMO. Obvious, the lite fog mod needs to go.

Get rid of the #4 texture mod. Althought not technically a skin mod, I wouldn't trust it with TMO RSRD...Want a great skins mod load Merchant Skinpack 2 for TMO. Nice skins and they change constantly.

Get rid of the TMO easy AI...why, it's for pussses..:woot:

Cool! I never knew that.. I am going to remove it right away.. I will only have the TMO and RSRD mod (and the light A.I. :) )

I will remove everything else and add the Skinpack when I'm back in port :)

Hey Armistead, Im going to do the Battle of Savo Island on Aug 8.. I looked at your post about it and think I have the location right.. :)

I just couldnt sail around with the Sboat anymore and needed to start a new career.. Already on my first patrol I ran into 2 Light cruisers.. problem was the weather was terrible and I couldn't see more than 300 yards.. And playing with Auto TDC, it won't lock past that.. So it was hard but I managed to sink 1.. Then I decided to play superman and tried to do a surface attack.. BAD MOVE!! The cruiser got 1 shot off and gave me 80% hull integrity, I managed to crash dive and leveled off at 100ft (any deeper and well, kaboom)

I hope the Battle of Savo Island is cool... Aug 8th at like 0300 it looks like?

Armistead
10-04-10, 12:55 AM
hehe, You'll have fun with that one. My wife is gone for two more days so I'm playing non stop.... Just had my best patrol, got 6 carriers. Docked and found the other TF I was looking for and so far got 3 carriers and one Kongo listing...Right now prefer to go to bed, but hate saving in the middle of a battle or even doing a pause...hope I dont have to chase it through the entire Indian ocean...

With Savo, the JP's will go around the Island. You may want to come in from that end or just get in the mix and watch the fleets go at it. You may see a large US convoy at GC, so don't sink em....They should leave you some nice damaged ships, so don't waste all your torps.

fastfed
10-04-10, 01:37 AM
hehe, You'll have fun with that one. My wife is gone for two more days so I'm playing non stop.... Just had my best patrol, got 6 carriers. Docked and found the other TF I was looking for and so far got 3 carriers and one Kongo listing...Right now prefer to go to bed, but hate saving in the middle of a battle or even doing a pause...hope I dont have to chase it through the entire Indian ocean...

With Savo, the JP's will go around the Island. You may want to come in from that end or just get in the mix and watch the fleets go at it. You may see a large US convoy at GC, so don't sink em....They should leave you some nice damaged ships, so don't waste all your torps.

6 CARRIERS?? DAMN!! I sometimes pause the game, take a break, go to sleep and wake up thinking I was in my berth, lol!

My mods now look like the picture I posted above, except I took out the Alt engine sounds.. Wanna hear what it sounds like without that (never heard the other sound)

I am also going to go find the merchant ship skins for TMO now.. And I assume they get installed on the bottom?

My next patrol in about 10 minutes ( I too have free time :) ) is going to be the Savo battle :)

Quick question.. Is there a salvo (savo got me thinking) option for the fire control? I cannot seem to find it and I do remember it having it or am I wrong?

I am in a gato if that matters???

PS... I was able to go out on my first patrol (The one I just finished) and without any help I found a ton of merchants in the same spot!! it was great!
I found them near Rabaul.. I sat in the inlet north of the port.. It was like shooting fish in a barrel..

I must say, I played SH3 for years, SH2 for years SH1 for a little while and SH4 for about 2 months (when it first came out)... SH5, well I don't talk about that disaster anymore..

That said I am very VERY impressed with what has been done here.. In the SH3 forums I always saw people mention SH4 and not really thinking of getting back into it, I picked up a few books about the Fleet boats (Silent Victory is the one I am reading now.. ITS HUGE) and it got me interested again in them.. I am back and I think I'm going to stay, I am so stoked I finally found a game that will kill my free time (And my not so free time)

:) Thanks again bro!

:salute: :rock:

fastfed
10-04-10, 01:49 AM
I found the Merchant skin 2..

But It had this at the bottom

IMPORTANT UPDATE INFO: TMO 2.0 already has this included. If you are running TMO 2.0 you do not need this. I'll leave it here in case anyone is still running 1.9.
Sergei

And I have TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2

So I assume this is 2.0?

In anycase I did find TMO19 Interior for the GATO, it did not mention that it is included in 2.0 as the Skins for the Merchants say.. So I will install it and see what happens.. :)

Armistead
10-04-10, 01:51 AM
You can't shoot salvo's with one button, only one torp at a time. This is realistic and the way it should be. I think it exist in previous versions, but never played them, just heard it did.

A good sound mod is EAX without Websters sonar fix...It adds strong depth to the sound, bout scare the hell out of ya at first. Has several added sounds. Poul's sound mod sort of goes with it, but you don't have to use it. I tried Poul's...too many sounds. It's sort of cool at first, but the same sounds repeating non stop drove me nuts. I think EAX may also change the engine sounds, but not sure. You'll hear your guys shouting commands at the deckgun..bolt, ready, fire....

Armistead
10-04-10, 01:57 AM
I found the Merchant skin 2..

But It had this at the bottom

IMPORTANT UPDATE INFO: TMO 2.0 already has this included. If you are running TMO 2.0 you do not need this. I'll leave it here in case anyone is still running 1.9.
Sergei

And I have TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2

So I assume this is 2.0?

In anycase I did find TMO19 Interior for the GATO, it did not mention that it is included in 2.0 as the Skins for the Merchants say.. So I will install it and see what happens.. :)

Good find...Just started TMO 2 the other day and haven't got past Jan, so haven't noticed...but you don't need it.
Keep an eye out for the work in progress mod, something like Japan merchant traffic...bout the same as the merchant skins, but adding a lot more ships, including hospital ships.

Probably need to read the entire 2.0 readme. Somethings up with some planes not dropping bombs until after several passes, but so far just carrier planes. This one plane made several passes, never really did a complete bomb dive. About the 10th pass it did and got a bullseye. Should've dived but trying to keep up with a TF before it gets away. The machine gun fire is murderous from planes, use to never hurt my AA gunner in 1.9, now rips them up with one pass...but that's realistic.

Bubblehead1980
10-04-10, 02:36 AM
Good find...Just started TMO 2 the other day and haven't got past Jan, so haven't noticed...but you don't need it.
Keep an eye out for the work in progress mod, something like Japan merchant traffic...bout the same as the merchant skins, but adding a lot more ships, including hospital ships.

Probably need to read the entire 2.0 readme. Somethings up with some planes not dropping bombs until after several passes, but so far just carrier planes. This one plane made several passes, never really did a complete bomb dive. About the 10th pass it did and got a bullseye. Should've dived but trying to keep up with a TF before it gets away. The machine gun fire is murderous from planes, use to never hurt my AA gunner in 1.9, now rips them up with one pass...but that's realistic.

Planes have strafed me in 44 on rare occasion i didnt dive.Last patrol in Feb 44 with a Gato, I thought I could abvoid diving but spotted me, since was at 9,000 yards, no time to dive in case he bombed, so ordered the twin 20's and the 40 MM bofors armed, they throw up quite a wall of fire, shot down a Pete floatplane, one of the green ones, was pretty cool.Im sure early way single 20 MM isnt as effective though.Ill find out soon, starting new career in dec 41 with a porpoise.

fastfed
10-04-10, 03:23 AM
Its 430am and I am still playing :) LOL I hooked.. Im gonna go get that sound mod you mentioned..

fastfed
10-04-10, 03:40 AM
You can't shoot salvo's with one button, only one torp at a time. This is realistic and the way it should be. I think it exist in previous versions, but never played them, just heard it did.

A good sound mod is EAX without Websters sonar fix...It adds strong depth to the sound, bout scare the hell out of ya at first. Has several added sounds. Poul's sound mod sort of goes with it, but you don't have to use it. I tried Poul's...too many sounds. It's sort of cool at first, but the same sounds repeating non stop drove me nuts. I think EAX may also change the engine sounds, but not sure. You'll hear your guys shouting commands at the deckgun..bolt, ready, fire....

THANKS!! I am downloading both right now.. Pouls and the EAX.. It says to install Pouls first then EAX..

I am in a mood for big sound..

Actually this is my setup..

I posted this a few weeks ago in the SH3 thread...

I just hooked my computer up to my TV in my movie room..

57" Samsung Plasma, with a wireless mouse and keyboard.. The rez is 1024x768 which IMO is just fine for this game.

The best part though... I have it going through an Onkyo s6300 7.1 sound system

http://www.jr.com/onkyo/pe/ONK_HTS6300/

and let me tell you! I am in AWeee..

Talk about immersion!! When the depth charges hit, the ENTIRE room shakes, but even better, I have shakers in the couch and it works perfect, I can set it to rumble during certain bass frequencies

Theyre like this
http://infiniteelectronix.com/earthq...subwoofer.aspx (http://infiniteelectronix.com/earthquakequakeq10b1000watt8ohmtransducersilentsub woofer.aspx)

In anycase, just thought I would brag.. :)

Now its back to my sub..

BTW 1943 now and planes are EVERYWHERE !!!

fastfed
10-04-10, 03:42 AM
I just realized the last statement of that post.. LOL I really hate planes