PDA

View Full Version : Missing Radar on Sargo/TMO+RSRD 1942/3

ElAurens
10-03-10, 01:45 PM
Howdy folks. Been a while since I posted here, but it seems this is where most SH4 skippers are now. I see some names I've not seen in a while.

On to my question/problem I am running V1.5 with TMO 2.0 and RSRD. Currently in command of a Sargo class running out of Fremantle. In November of '42 I was offered surface search radar for the first time. So obviously, I equipped my boat with it while in port, then set out on my next patrol. One problem, no surface search radar is on the boat when I get to sea. I go to the equipment screen tab and sure enough it says I have it along with the Improved SD air search radar, however the radar mast is not on the external model nor can I turn on the radar set.

OK, it is now well into 1943, I have made several more patrols with the same boat, the last time in port I was given the totally modernized conning tower with the forward AA gun position and the 20mm on the rear deck, taller periscopes etc... And I equipped with both radar units. Get to sea, and... No surface search radar again. I'm doing OK without it, but the Nihon Kaigun is getting better at ASW and the freighters are starting to run faster and are armed to the teeth now. I sure could use that SJ set. Any ideas what is wrong?

Here is a pic of my JSGME setup, if that will shed some light on things. I have tried deleting the TMO FOO skins and grammaphone and convoy map to no avail.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4364/sh4jsgmelist.jpg

Hitman
10-03-10, 02:42 PM
EDIT.- Sorry thought you were missing the SD, not the SJ

ElAurens
10-03-10, 03:10 PM
No problem Hitman.

Same thing happened when I posted it at the UBI forum.