PDA

View Full Version : Aiming points...

Armistead
10-01-10, 12:46 AM
Maybe modders can reply better. Obvious with mods, ect..maybe some change up, but overall the concenus is to hit different parts of a ship. I think this would matter more if the ship sinks more based on flooding, not damage. Mods like NSM for sure you have to flood them.

However, do certain ships have better aimpoints. I'm talking programmed spots where you can really do damage. It does seem on BB's hitting below the turrents seems to help, but is there more to it. Doe's each class have possible sweet spots. It always wierd that with all the ships, sometimes one sinks it, sometimes it takes several. With the carriers, same class I've sunk em with 2, sometimes takes 5 or more. This excludes the ships load out or cargo, unless that's the difference, but obvious it gets beyond that per the following.

For instance, using TMO2/RSRD.. I have many times attacked the north invasion group near Aparri, small group with one Chistose. I just replayed from a save a few times testing. One attack I hit it with 4 M10's spread out and it kept going, finally slowing down, one more sunk it. Another setup up, I hit it on the other side with 1 M10 and sunk it. The first time it sunk, no lifeboats, this time about 20. Maybe lifeboats spawn if you sink it quickly with one...So is this just luck or are there sweet spots. Be nice to know if they're are any true honey spots other than the common tactic of hitting turrents, engines, spreading the damage, ect.

How detailed does the game actually get with keel shots. Obvious the armor is thinner there and think we all assume it makes a difference, but would you have better luck with a keel shot that worked say under a turrent.

Game wise,,not real life debating ....