PDA

View Full Version : TMO 19 Wheres the enemy??

TorpexXIII
09-28-10, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,

Im loving the general layout and workings of TMO. However I have one oddity. It generaly appears a little light on the ships / convoys??

Ive just completed days in the middle of the Celebes Sea. I stuck to the shipping routes shown on the radio/map display and nothing??!!

Ive nearly got to go home and all Ive seen is a 2 ASW patrols (avoided) and a couple of sampans and fishing boats (no mercy..)

Im in 1942 so Im assuming there should be an abundance of enemy?!?

Anyone shed any light?

Cheers.

PS This is the third straight patrol with almost no contacts!!??

Bubblehead1980
09-28-10, 09:14 PM
First, I would upgrade to TMO 2.0 pus the "beta patch" it's better than 1.9

Second, in 1942 convoys were not that numerous as Japan didnt fully adopt the convoy system until well into 43 and really in mid 44.So you will encounter more singles than anything in early war.Celebes Sea is pretty dry in 42 as far as convoys go.

TorpexXIII
09-29-10, 03:15 AM
I sort of thought that maybe that was the answer. However Im not encountering anything lol!?

Where can I find TMO 2.0 and the patch. On the downloads mega mods bit I can only find 1.9 (which I have)

?

Thanks for help

TorpexXIII
09-29-10, 04:33 AM
Yeah I think I really need TMO20 where do I get it !!!?? LOL

Im just nearing the end of a patrol. I followed the following course in a mid 1942 with surface radar patrol.

Departed Fremantle set course to Mindanao. Headed North and eventually passed through the Lombock Straight. In turn through the Makassar Straight. Swept accross the Celebes Sea. Set 6 troops off on the East coast of Mindanao NNW of Davao.

Then received new orders to attack enemy shipping and my discretion.

Took this a great opportunity for a hunting. So headed East and patroled the Palau Island chain for a bit. Then SE accross the New Guinea coast heading roughly E and SE. Through the Bismarck Sea and into the New Georgia Sound (The Slot) hunting the famed Tokyo Express (should be well acive at the time I was there)

I saw ONE!!! large Sampan for the entire cruise. NOTHING else....nothing. A few air patrols. Not a bean in the way of shipping ??????:rotfl2:

HELP Where can I get TMO 20????!!!!

WarlordATF
09-29-10, 04:52 AM
Follow the links in this thread. Get the PDF first, it comes in handy! Then follow the links midway through the first post and there is a download button in the post it leads to.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//showthread.php?t=132330 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132330)

TorpexXIII
09-29-10, 05:53 AM
Thanks. Dont get me wrong Im a MASSIVE fan of TMO. It makes SH4 a different and much better game. Guy/s who made it happen should be at Ubi. Esp when they began SH5...

Diopos
09-29-10, 08:12 AM
... Guy/s who made it happen should be at Ubi...

NO NO NO. They would be obliged to work WITHIN the corporate framework, timetables etc and in the end the result would be ... not that different than what UBI usually delivers ........ :zzz:

MGR1
09-29-10, 01:15 PM
If you get really stuck, open the campaign layers in the mission editor.:03:

That'll give you a clue as to where to look.

Mike.:)

gutted
09-29-10, 01:48 PM
In the early game.. try closer to shore.

I haven't played TMO in quite a few months, but the last version i played.. thats where more of the traffic was. Running around the middle of the china and celebes sea is pointless.