PDA

View Full Version : Somebody is stealing my fuel in the base

Mingus
09-22-10, 02:16 PM
Ahoy,
After a long patrol with nearly 18000 tons, i run out of torpedos and about to run out of fuel.

I decided to refit in Midway, and refited there for some fuel for my ship, some booze for my crew.

But, when pres "refit", fuel gauge fills up as usuall but starts to drop immediately (after the click,in 3-4 seconds) drops to %50 and stops there :wah:

Anybody has any idea?

Thanks

ETR3(SS)
09-22-10, 02:52 PM
Sounds like you have a ruptured fuel tank or two. At least it's stopping at 50% and not 5% though. Where's home port for you?

rein1705
09-22-10, 02:54 PM
Did you take damage during your mission? Rupture a fuel tank port or starboard? Are you listing? Ive heard of having slow fuel leaks and even seen oil trails. Maybe you lost a fuel cell?

Mingus
09-22-10, 02:57 PM
It's pearl harbor. 42, Gato Class.

I sailed there and tried the same refit and it happened again.

If my tank is ruptured, isn't it supposed to be repaired during refit by the way?

(Note:Stock Game, no mods)

WernherVonTrapp
09-22-10, 03:07 PM
I believe a ruptured fuel tank can only be repaired at your Home Base (Tilted Anchor). If your home base is Midway and a refit doesn't do the trick, you may have to End Patrol in order to get the fuel tanks repaired.

Mingus
09-22-10, 03:13 PM
I believe a ruptured fuel tank can only be repaired at your Home Base (Tilted Anchor). If your home base is Midway and a refit doesn't do the trick, you may have to End Patrol in order to get the fuel tanks repaired.

Thanks for reply but i said before i sailed there(my home base, pearl harbor) it didnt work either.

Probably a glitch?

I am thinking of ending my patrol prematurally. :damn:

rein1705
09-22-10, 03:20 PM
The stock game is a little screwy when it comes to serious damage such as Rudders and Planes... must be the same with the fuel tanks. You'll probably have to put in early.

Mingus
09-22-10, 03:28 PM
I am really geting tired of this silent hunter series of ubisoft.

As a veteran subsim player an a silent hunter fan (both II and III), we always spend most of our time adding mods, dealing with glitches, changing some .cfg files etc.. to fix bugs, glitches and put an effort to make game more "playable"

Sh IV was a hope for me, i hoped that ubi will listen their veteran players (like the guys in this forum), take feedback from them, have their opinions about fuel effiency, bugs, glitches, crew management, gauge graphics, sonar sensibilty etc...etc...
But stil in Sh Iv we are dealing with fuel bugged missions, no crew problem deck guns, dissappearing radar crews and many more bugs.

Maybe for SH VI, they should give a copy to veterans of these forums like yourselves and wait for 2 months for coments arrive.

Thanks for your time.

rein1705
09-22-10, 03:33 PM
Boy they'd get an earfull :D

Diopos
09-22-10, 03:45 PM
Boy they'd get an earfull :D

They're deaf ...:yep:

the_tyrant
09-22-10, 03:46 PM
seriously, stop bashing silent hunter because of you ignorance
a refit does not fix damage, only ending patrol does

ETR3(SS)
09-22-10, 04:07 PM
It's pearl harbor. 42, Gato Class.

I sailed there and tried the same refit and it happened again.

If my tank is ruptured, isn't it supposed to be repaired during refit by the way?

(Note:Stock Game, no mods)

I am really geting tired of this silent hunter series of ubisoft.

As a veteran subsim player an a silent hunter fan (both II and III), we always spend most of our time adding mods, dealing with glitches, changing some .cfg files etc.. to fix bugs, glitches and put an effort to make game more "playable"

Sh IV was a hope for me, i hoped that ubi will listen their veteran players (like the guys in this forum), take feedback from them, have their opinions about fuel effiency, bugs, glitches, crew management, gauge graphics, sonar sensibilty etc...etc...
But stil in Sh Iv we are dealing with fuel bugged missions, no crew problem deck guns, dissappearing radar crews and many more bugs.

Maybe for SH VI, they should give a copy to veterans of these forums like yourselves and wait for 2 months for coments arrive.

Thanks for your time.You just torpedoed your own argument there. Home ported out of Pearl you have more than enough fuel to get there and end your patrol, and 18k tons is pretty decent. Hull damage doesn't get repaired by a refit, same with ruptured fuel tanks, seems pretty realistic to me as you would have to dry dock to fix them. You're playing a stock game, name a stock game out of the box that doesn't have problems. Also try some of the mods.

Armistead
09-22-10, 09:26 PM
Thanks for reply but i said before i sailed there(my home base, pearl harbor) it didnt work either.

Probably a glitch?

I am thinking of ending my patrol prematurally. :damn:

Did you refit at home base or end patrol and dock? Even a refit at home base won't fix the problem, you must dock. That should reload a new patrol with a totally fixed sub. If you started a new patrol and your sub is still leaking fuel, something is fubar. I haven't played stock in years, but I don't recall that being a bug.

All stock games suck. Thankfully modders deal with the problem, so let's be thankful they at least give us a game we an mod. With mods SH4 is an amazing game.

Rockin Robbins
09-23-10, 06:02 AM
Here's the deal. A refit is a cursory procedure of just taking on fuel and torpedoes. Maybe minor fixes could be done. Fixing leaky fuel tanks is not one of them. In order to do that you would have to drain the tanks and most likely take the sub out of the water. That only happens when you end your patrol.

By refitting and going back out you are cheating yourself. The only time certain types of damage, like hull damage and fuel tanks, are fixed is between cruises. Not only that but between cruises are when ALL equipment upgrades are granted. At that time only, the blind chimpanzee tosses his darts at the new equipment board and if his dart hits that radar upgrade, you have the chance to install it. Running around in 1944 with 1941 equipment is a sure way to failure and mutiny.

There is no reason for any refit unless you elect to stop by Midway on the way home for a quick splash of fuel and some torpedoes in case you run into a Japanese merchie where he doesn't belong. Actually before I leaned to manage fuel well, I used to stop by Midway on the way out instead.

The most efficient way to run your sub is to stay out for the minimum amount of time necessary to accept two or three missions or run out of torpedoes. Then return to base and end the cruise. That is not a bug or defect in the game.

CaptainMattJ.
09-23-10, 05:47 PM
seriously, stop bashing silent hunter because of you ignorance
a refit does not fix damage, only ending patrol does
agreed.