PDA

View Full Version : Modded Subs in game

philjk
09-19-10, 06:50 PM
Can anyone please explain how to make a modded sub play in campaign mode?
Such as the typhoon / red october classes.

subskipper53
09-19-10, 11:08 PM
Unfortunately, i can't explain how to make a released sub mod work with the campaign if i did not originally. I'm not a modder by by means. sorry.

But to be honest, it really depends on the mod. Some subs work with the campaign, others don't. The mod's author may not have had the time and/or skill to make it compatible with the campaign. Super-mods like RSRD and OPM change core campaign files, so a special version of a sub may have to be released.

I know of several mods i occasionally use which are compatible with the campaign (RSRD, in my case, with TMO 1.9).

Here are their names:

Skipjack

Ohio SSBN

Permit/Thresher

Seawolf (SSN-575)

If you look around in the downloads section, you should find most of these. If not, turn to trusty ol' Google. :up:

TorpexXIII
09-20-10, 09:01 AM
Well Ive got stock 1.4 with RFB 1.4. When I add boats (has to be JSGME) then go to campaign the boat appears but I have to select a different task force (starting location). When I use a modded boat via JSGME I start a campaugn as normal but when you go to starting locations (IE Fremantle or Pearl Harbour) these have been changed to Task forces. I have to select the second task force in the list (the name escapes me) then it works as normal.

subskipper53
09-20-10, 12:07 PM
Well Ive got stock 1.4 with RFB 1.4. When I add boats (has to be JSGME) then go to campaign the boat appears but I have to select a different task force (starting location). When I use a modded boat via JSGME I start a campaugn as normal but when you go to starting locations (IE Fremantle or Pearl Harbour) these have been changed to Task forces. I have to select the second task force in the list (the name escapes me) then it works as normal.

Precisely the same with my experience.

:Edit: I have SH4 patched to 1.5 with UBM.

ETR3(SS)
09-20-10, 04:59 PM
The only boats that are compatible for 1.4 are the Skipjack, Ohio, and LA and that's for a stock game only.