PDA

View Full Version : 1100 bug? Weird problem with crashing.

Vaux
09-14-10, 02:39 PM
Just finished my first carreer with SH4 1.5, TMO2.0 and the latest TMO Beta patch. Fourth patrol out in my S-Boat, my base changed from Surabaya to Brisbane after being sent way up North. I didn't have enough fuel to get to Brisbane.... game over.

No problem, I'll just start another. But first, I've been reading about the Captain Midnight radio mod here, so I figured I'd give it a try. I also downloaded the Radio Saigon French music volume 1 mod. I installed both of them with JSGME and started a new carreer. Just for variety, I decide to start in the Pacific fleet rather than Asiatic, so I leave Pearl at around 1300 and off I go at 512 TC.

So, I'm cruising along, listening to Captain Midnight, when the screen freezes at 1100 the next morning and the game crashes. I clear out the Temp folder on my computer and reboot (I do this after every crash, but I won't metion it anymore), start the game, reload my last save.... and crash again at 1100. Hmmmmm..... :hmmm:

I decide to start another carreer, again from Pearl, and again, the game crashes at 1100 the next morning. Weird... Let's go back to the Asiatic fleet. I start a new carreer in the Asiatic fleet, leave on my first patrol around 1500... and crash at exactly 1100 the next morning.

I then uninstall both Captain Midnight and Radio Saigon using JSGME, start a new carreer with the Asiatic fleet, and no further crashes.

I know I changed 2 things (adding and removing 2 mods), so I'm not sure which was causing the problem. By this time, I just wanted to play the game so I did no further troubleshooting.

I will do some more in-depth troubleshooting later, like adding just Capt Midnight and/or just Raido Saigon and see if I can recreate the problem, but I thought I'd check here to see if this was some kind of known issue... well? Anyone encounter the 1100 bug?

razark
09-14-10, 03:05 PM
Sounds like a problem in the radio station. I've seen it happen a few times.

If the filename listed in the events.ini does not match a file in the directory, it will cause a crash. Note the date, and then look in the events.ini file. There should be an entry at 1100 for that date. Either find the correct filename, or just remove that entry.

Vaux
09-15-10, 08:58 AM
Thanks, razark. It's probably going to be this weekend before I can check. Real life is getting in the way of my gaming again! :-?

Are the time stamps in the events.ini game time, or real time?

razark
09-15-10, 09:51 AM
It's been a while since I've poked in the file, but the date and time are in regular format, I believe.

Edit: Day.Month.Year format.