PDA

View Full Version : Just thought id say hello

Apache312
09-12-10, 11:01 PM
I have been spending the last several years in SH3, and then GW...great guys on the SH3 forum...but decided to retire my SH3 Uboat after my last campaign, so here I am...SH4. Since I have only finished SH4 a few times in the vanilla install, can you folks point me to the right list of addons I need?

Thank you for the advice in advance.,,

/S

Apache

Spike88
09-13-10, 01:32 AM
The two popular super mods are Real Fleet Boats(RFB) and Trigger Maru Overhauled(TMO).

Whichever you choose is user preference. I started with RFB, but ended up prefering TMO.

On top of those, if you want the best Campaign(in terms of Objectives given to you, and actualHistorical Accuracy in terms of Task Forces and Shipping in General) You want to get Run Silent Run Deep(RSRD). Everything else is up to you. Although most people recommend keeping the list of mods you have limited, so you don't end up with Mod related problems.

My current Mod setup is:
TMO2.0
TMO2.0 Beta Update
RSRD for TMO
RSRD Patch
SH4 Authentic Flag Mod
Convoy Routes TMO+RSRD

I also have Spax's German Sound mod for when I decide to play a German Career in UBM.

I also have TMO Nine Delta Two, which is a German Campaign set in the Indian Ocean/Black Sea. But I have yet to install it.

As a side note, expect to see less random merchant traffic in RSRD, compared to GWX. But you encounter a lot of Task Forces/ Invansion Forces that existed in real life. :yeah:

sergei
09-13-10, 07:21 AM
Spike88 has it covered.

For fleet boats TMO or RFB are your main choices.
There's also the option of FOTRS (Fall Of The Rising Sun), a really nice mod that often gets overlooked.

Welcome to the PTO. :DL

Apache312
09-13-10, 08:48 AM
Thank you Gentlemen. I will go with those recommendations and start sailing tonight.

/S

Apache

Rockin Robbins
09-13-10, 08:59 AM
Spike has it spiked. Keep your mod list short, focused and compatible.