PDA

View Full Version : First Sucessful Patrol

Spike88
09-12-10, 06:23 AM
Just completed my first patrol for a new career, and it was the most successful patrol I've ever taken part in. :D

I Sank:
1 Kongo Battleship 32,000 Tons
1 Kiturin Maru 6,783 Tons
1 Takao Heavy Cruiser 15,870 Tons
Total: 54653

Two other ships(don't know which classes), also sank in the confusion afterwords.

All in my S-18 off the coast of Cam Ranh Bay. I got extremely lucky in the fact that there was rough seas, and 15mph winds. Patrol lasted about a week. Ending up wasting 1 torpedo extra on the Kiturin Maru, and my first torpedo on the Takao went under the bow never to be heard from again. Only had 1 torpedo when returning to base, thought about rearming and heading back out, but decided to give the crew a break.

Was able to give one crew member a promotion, and give out 2 Asiatic-Pacific medals, and 1 Naval Commendation medal, I myself received the Silver Star.

As a side note, I'm playing this as DiD, but I did cheat at the end. Wasn't paying attention and ran into the dock at ahead standard. Which won me a purple heart, but cost me and my crew our lives. :haha:

I also had to do the same patrol twice, the first time I had wounded the Kongo so it was stationary, and it's TF went stationary around it. I would continue doing raids trying to kill the stationary Heavy Cruisers and the other BB with it, was a cake walk due to the DD's being out of Depth Charges. Managed to take down one of the other heavy cruisers, although it's aft ended up getting stuck in shallow water, so It refused to sink. On my third run, game crashed, and the save file corrupted. :doh:

As it's now December 18th, I don't know where to go next. My orders are to patrol off the coast of Samar, but the last time I did so I could not find anything to sink. I'm thinking of heading back to Cam Ranh, but don't know if I'll be as lucky. :hmmm:

WernherVonTrapp
09-12-10, 06:42 AM
Somehow, I never expected anything less from you. And, in an S-Boat no less. Congratulations on a job, well done.:yeah:

rein1705
09-12-10, 07:36 AM
Were more dangerous than our RL counterparts ever dreamed. I just sent a German aux Cruiser on a tour of the deep in the Sulu sea. S-39:arrgh!:

Spike88
09-12-10, 11:58 PM
Just encountered a Japanese sub, sank it with 1 torpedo. At least I think it sank, we lost contact with it, but it did not show up on the map or captain's log.

Right now I'm in an ideal position to sink a Cruiser off the coast of Java. Since it's in a slow moving convoy and the weather is bad, I'm going to try and work my way under one of the nearby merchants to reload. And then either sink another merchant or the other Cruiser. I've tried the scenario twice because my torpedoes keep detonating. Going to switch them over to Magnetic fuse the next time I try.